1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cadia guardsman, Jun 13, 2019.

1. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

Yeah sometimes its hard but i cant be neither a very Nice guy, it hás to be balanced

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

One single remark, I'd say that men that do stuff for themselves are actually attractive, provided they don't put others down. This is, I believe, an important distinction.

A man that takes care of himself and does what he wants to do is very secure and attractive to women, it shows they are confident and that they can provide extra (emotional) security to women.

A man that takes care of himself at the expense of others is, indeed, insecure and unattractive, because he doesn't inspire trust to women. Sadly, this is what in general is portrayed as being "alpha male". The only difference that I can see between "alpha" and "beta" males is the expense at which they do whatever they do:
    - alpha do things at the expense of others' happiness
    - beta do things at the expense of their own happiness

A secure man does what he wants to do (not at the expense of his own happiness), but takes into account those around him (not at the expense of those around him). A secure man doesn't play any games (covert contracts -> nice guys -> I give her presents and she should like me back, act to impress -> assholes -> I'm the strongest in the car-park), a secure man does what he believes is the right thing to do, not what he believes other people might think is the right thing to do.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There a difference between an "Alpha male" and a good man. An "Alpha" needs to constantly boost his ego to look good in his own eyes, a good man doesn't need to do that as he is sure about how good he really is.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

agreed, and sadly we (the society) equate good man with nice guy in many cases :(

5. Yeah you will never find 100% alpha but I was 100% Beta before nofap :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The modern version of "nice guy" is an idiot who pretend to be a gentleman in order to have sex. "Nice guys" are normaly nerdy and insecure men but it can be anyone with double intentions. The fact that the term "nice" is associated with being pathetic is a bit worrying.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  7. Yeah, the bad boy is much more nice than the nice guy.

cadia guardsman likes this.
  8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Alpha is the modern bad boy.

MotivationWarrior likes this.
  9. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

"Most men would sooner deadlift 500 pounds and get their face kicked in than interact with a woman." - So true!

10. cadia guardsman

Honnestly i think the Alpha male that you guys are talking about is more a push over Nice guy or a tottaly jerk motherfucker . The true alpha doesnt need to be mean to others and dont help the others. It is the opposite, the true alpha helps the others but he ensures that his personal needs are not compromised on any situation

11. cadia guardsman

Me neither , bro ,but the sucess is to be near that
    In my case i was 100 beta before i started martial arts and workout , before that people tooked advantaged of me and i knew it but did nothing to prevent it , thank God with martial arts and workout , i supressed those problems, only with girls the problem remains but with NoFap that Will also Change

12. If you want go at my profile at a post called About me to see why I was 100% beta. NoFap improves you physically and mentally at the same time.

13. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

I think everyone on here has their perception of what makes an Alpha or Beta male.

Alpha males generally don't need to go out to prove anything to anyone. They don't feel the need to show off and meet anyone's approval. They speak and act on what meets their own approval. They don't necessarily have to be 'macho' men either. They are generally brave, confident, assertive, self-assured, emotionally mature and emotionally stable men. Practice what they preach, live and stand by their principals.

It's a misconception that they're selfish. But I would say they're considerate towards others. But won't help others if it deprives them (too much) in any way. They won't be afraid to say no on those occasions - even if the people don't like being told no.

Beta males in many forms feel the need to prove something. Impress others, get approval from which masks their insecurity. Yes! That includes men who are 'macho' and physically strong. Like they're ashamed of being themselves. The typical nice guys will be afraid of saying no, standing up for themselves out of fear how others will react. Betas want to please everyone all of the time. Put everyone else first and deprive themselves which can be detrimental to them, their confidence and well-being.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    cadia guardsman likes this.
  14. cadia guardsman

I agree with you a 1000%

FormerFapaholic likes this.