1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The drinking thread! Get in here Bro's.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

Lol. There is nothing inherently antisemitic about this meme. The whole "nazi frogs" and "nazi clowns" hysteria exists because those memes originated on 4chan and because 4chan is rather visited by various types of right wingers, they simply started using this meme before the left. Memes have some ideas or emotions attached to them, but they are not inherently political, sad Pepe represents depression and being a looser, smug Pepe represents trolling or optimism, the doomer represents being part of modern "lost generation" and the Honkler represents the idea that the world is a joke. The concept of clown world is quite nihilistic and contrarian one. The early versions of the meme had nothing to do with politics, yes some peope used it to mock jews or black people but as I said memes are not inherently political, the same was with NPC meme, it originally represented people without their own opinions. Even ADL claimed that Pepe is not inherently anti semitic, it is all about context.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  2. Freedom_from_PMO

Soy is not far-right term, it is used from the centre, through right to far right.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  3. I'm not buying it, but sure :)

4. Freedom_from_PMO

Why not? The left don't understand meme culture, because they don't care about it, they don't follow new memes being created etc., and then left wing journalists try to play meme experts. It is hillarious. People on Twitter were baited that fren means far right ethno nationalist. At this point many people are trolling the left into believeing that various memes have insidious hidden far right message because it is hillariois to see the backlash. Journalists who write such pieces a like that you posted are playing the game which rules they don't understand.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I don't want to be happy about what I see and whats going on and just stick my head in the sand.

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Drinking it away is the ultimate sticking your head in the sand. Man up and face the stuff, you can do it!

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I don't drink a lot. Quite minimum actually.
    Drink up B.

Freedom_from_PMO likes this.
  8. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

I would like a bottle of red wine now, but unfortunately i haven't...

Going to take some pills instead...

9. This isn't far-right. Maybe you're projecting?

Deleted Account and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  10. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I don't drink at all nowadays. I'm trying to go through life without fucking things up more than I already have.

11. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

I don't drink much anymore so I can lose weight, besides I got tired of getting drunk often and making a patethic mess out of myself.

12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Enjoying some Pliny the Elder tonight and also Jack Daniels. God bless America.

13. I drink wine and beer, I don't drink liquor anymore. I try not to drink much nowadays because I have better remedies to relieve stress and the "modern day fuckery"

pull ups > Alcohol

Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.
  14. Pure_Life

Pure_Life Fapstronaut

I agree Ra's Al Ghul bro. My problem is when I start I can't stop so I have to abstain, particularly as far as PMO is concerned! Too many drinks and even the greatest resolve goes flying out the window. I need to divert my addictive personality to more fruitful pursuits. I'm still not knocking it though. Drinking certainly can be a very good thing for the precise purpose you suggested! I'm hoping I can change this pattern in the long run and be able to enjoy just a couple of beers or glasses of wine of an evening.

Maybe PMOing will allow this....who knows? I'm really new to it (first attempt 5 days) so we shall see. I don't like the idea of abstaining completely for ever more and denying myself one of life's greatest pleasures but I have to for now. Cool thread and very appropriate to my situation. See my very first post in the New to NoFap section...
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/enough.236542/

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  15. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Well, to use alcohol is not a wise solution to solve problems, it’s more a stupid one.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Yeah....like PMO

Deleted Account and Jonny1992 like this.