1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation in college

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by RockIt59, Jun 14, 2019.

1. RockIt59

RockIt59 Fapstronaut

My college is a christian university, so it is against the rules to perform anything sexual. I viewed living in an apartment-styled dorm as a plus because I could do whatever I wanted to in my room. As the year progressed, i spent more time in my room, door locked, blinds shut, and I would masturbate. It started out not as often, but by the end of the year, I was masturbating almost everyday. When starting my streak I realized that my masturbation addiction interrupted my school obligations. I masturbated instead of studied or even instead of spending time with friends! I am hoping that while I am at college that I will find better ways to use my time.

dwarfstruggles, Tafi and ttotal like this.
  2. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

There are certainly a lot better ways to spend your time than isolated with PMO. Try a lot of different activities that are healthy and constructive and preferably, involve social interactions with other people (PMO is very isolating). Keep the ones you like and keep doing those activities.

AND

If you haven't already done so, please read the "Getting Started Guide" available on this site's home page. It includes a lot of information that you will find helpful as you start your journey of healing. Also have a look at the "Glossary" on the top of this page for definitions of abbreviations and terms that may be new to you.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

3. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Try to keep yourself occupied. I know it is difficult, but try to fill your schedule with things that will keep you away from it.
    I reccomend you to start studying with your friends. It will be easier to concentrate, and you will be on a public place, so these desires won't appear there as they do when you're alone.