1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Awesome job!

Force Majeure likes this.
  2. Thank you! :emoji_beers:

3. Two straight resets.

In the near future, it might be difficult for me to stick with the same limit everyday, and I may not even want to do that. Let's see how I will be updating this challenge. Anyway, I'm certainly not going to abandon the pursuit of this challenge in my day to day life.

4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Was good both Sat and Sun, so that makes 13/30.

5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

6. Sometimes it would be so easy and tempting to take a device to your bed - and make sure you're not going to sleep well. Last night I got this kind of "good idea" but I was quick in correcting my mind.

7. I was already in bed, and my mind tried to make me take a computer and mindlessly watch something. I said, shut up you fool!

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

9. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

:) I haven't even listened to audiobooks, and recently I thought, really even then I want to be focused on the content so I get something out of it so why not have a chair nearby and be upright until I'm tired enough to sleep? If I am listening to it as I drift off I'm just not really getting the content, it isn't like I'm going for subliminal programming.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  10. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

0/30 - there's a reason though, only up an hour later. Was in no danger of relapsing but will keep on it.

11. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

12. I made a mistake when I decided to work past midnight last night.

13. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

I love this challenge, i'll give it a shot as well.
    I am going to set my evening time to 23:00 for now, with hopefully gradually decreasing usage of the screen to 22:00.

Note: This does not apply when i am social. Only when i am by myself.
    Day One: 10.6.2019

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

15. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

16. ReclaimedLife

I wanted to thank you, @Force Majeure, you really saved my day on Monday. After i switched off my Phone and laptop, i still had the most productive hour of the day, which would have never happened without this challenge.

I still notice that an horribly increased difficulty on trying to go to sleep without something to listen to, due to the missing intimacy in my life.
    But this challenge is so good i'll keep it going.

It might also be a good idea to do the same in the morning, for around 2 hours from the point you wake up. If you cant use the phone or laptop, there is literally almost 0 reason to stay in bed. I am going to try that as well.

Current setting> No Screen after 11pm and for 2 hours after waking up, unless absolutely necessary for work or important tasks.

Day 1

17. I'm very happy to hear I saved your day! Yes, this challenge really did the trick for me as well. After having tried several times (and failed) to set a deadline for when to go to bed, I gave up. The problem was this tiny planning problem - if I'm going to be in bed a certain time, I have to plan how much time I need for brushing my teeth and so on. Since I wanted to use my computer till the very end, that always led me to miss my deadline. After several fails, I just gave up. Then suddenly I realised I should have a deadline for when to close my lid on my computer instead. Suddenly I went to bed the same time every day! If I can't use my computer, the only thing I will do is to just prepare myself for bed. Problem solved :D

I recognise that difficulty you're talking about. Before I started this challenge I was used to go to bed after everyone else (my wife and kids). Then when I started with this challenge it felt so awkward to go to bed before my wife. I felt something was missing... after a while however, I got used to it and now it doesn't feel strange at all. :)

I don't use any screens for the first hour of the day and it's a good habit to have. I think it's important to have that discipline in order to have a proactive life. :)

18. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

19. ReclaimedLife

Fk i am really struggling more with this then i thought.

0/30