1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Modafinil and how it's affecting my reboot HARDMODE

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by philosopher_king, Jun 10, 2019.

1. philosopher_king

philosopher_king New Fapstronaut

*Disclaimer: This is not advice, just sharing my experience*

I have been taking Modafinil as a nootropic for the past month pretty consistently to see if it can help with my issues focusing, and aside from improving my focus in my summer courses, I think it's actually helping me to not PMO as well. My main triggers have been either boredom or just general lethargy, and taking Modafinil has effectively decreased both of those. I feel significantly less prone to sexual distractions (Instagram babes on the explore page, I'm talking to you).

If you haven't heard of Modafinil, it is an FDA-approved prescription drug meant to treat narcolepsy, but many people take it to enhance cognitive function or as an alternative to ADHD amphetamine medications. I've taken a 100mg dosage every other day to figure out how to fine-tune my dosage. I can now sit straight through a 4-hour physics lecture about 90% engaged and even notice mistakes the prof makes.

I will continue to update this thread along my reboot, at this point I am 12 days in and going strong, although I think I may be flatlining. Let me know if what ya'll's thoughts are on Modafinil if you have heard about it.

-PK

2. parad0x

parad0x Fapstronaut

I've taken it, ordered online from India. Found quater pill was perfect for me in terms of focus. I imagine it would be beneficial for keeping focused on other things during a reboot.

3. I've always been fascinated by modafinil and what people are saying about it, but I've never tried it myself. I'm worried about getting scammed by some sketchy site as I have no idea where to get it. I guess I'm worried too, that it won't live up to the hype.

4. techmaverick_x

techmaverick_x Fapstronaut

I knownthisban old thread but figured I could contribute to those that are searching for it.

Modafinil's side effects trigger me. The lack of sleep causes me to have anxiety and stress which makes me relapse. Racetams(phenyl, oxi)work fine and I've used noopept. I love modafinil but just cant use it during reboots. Actually my last streak was broken because I started using modafinil.

It might actually be the fact that I use modafinil when I have a lot of stress from work or have deadlines that need to be met and so it might not be the modafinil but rather when I decide to use it.