1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else feel kind of bothered by how cut throat the world is?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Origin32, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    so many unfortunate events like this happen alot but karma deals with everybody, i lived in a apartment an a snakey company figured out how to take it over from the current owner an had us signed something ,they tricked us,they raised the rent to ridiculous amount, which means seniors with low pensions cant afford it so they ended up homeless, single mothers with low earnings become homeless, many snakes like that are slithering around my region doing that, and its a contract so nothing cant be done about it,if you have no choice but to fall you well survive but become smarter , find some peopel who know the law of it to help find ways around it, as in loop holes ,theres always a way around something with god

2. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    just be very careful when dealing with these giants,if the first stone you cast doesnt bring em down , they well try crush you to nothing

AnxietyDude likes this.
  3. Origin32

Origin32 Fapstronaut

When my brother was making a joke out of it I told him something bad was going to happen to him for such evil actions, and he told me that I was being aggressive lol.

The irony.

FX-05 and AnxietyDude like this.
  4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    its all about how he truely feels an sees it, theres people out there with something broken in theyre brain, so when they do something horrible they dont see it as wrong or bad, it doesnt register to them, i have brothers if i see them doing something messed up i tell them hey thats messed up you know that right, i teach them that its considered bad,

AnxietyDude likes this.
  5. Origin32

Origin32 Fapstronaut

Nah, this one knows lol. He's a philosophy major, and parades around talking about how degenerate modern day society is, while preaching Aristotles ethics. I was honestly surprised by his gesture -- didn't expect that out of him.

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

This is reminding me of the intro of the book (haven't read the rest) for Debt: The First 5,000 Years by anthropologist David Graeber, which makes the point that much of traditional religious institutions' idea of morality is based on a transactional framework, implicit in the language used. A while back a Buddhist teacher also published something that mentioned the point and cited Graeber. In the West people also assume karma has to do with this kind of moralistic transaction, but that is an overlay and not the Buddhist understanding - which is simply action, cause and effect.

I guess the reason why I thought of it is the lack of compassion in this kind of view, and even if people don't care about compassion it should be noted it is also not wise - though of course ultimately those two qualities go together. The attitude does not promote a sustainable economy, like Lanier points out in his work, specifically Who Owns The Future? Whether one is doing much to undermine the middle class and others who they profit from or simply apathetic and don't care, it's basically the same attitude.

Origin32 likes this.
  7. AnxietyDude

AnxietyDude Fapstronaut

Society in the USA is odd, we claim to embrace Civil, Constitutional Rights, but when a right doesn't fit our agenda we say well all but that one LOL. If we as a nation here can not even agree a Right is a Right. Its no wonder on personal levels we suck at it.

My Grandma used to say, "everyone is entitled to my opinion".

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. Fightyourlowerself

Fightyourlowerself Fapstronaut

Hey Origin32.

This is an interesting post. I think this is a disease in our society.

In the UK we also have these "Pay day loan" providers which basically target the most vulnerable in society because they are the ones who need a little loan to cover their day to day expenses until pay day and these companies take advantage through ridiculous interest.

The thing that gives me peace in all this is that I have proven to myself there is a supreme being and the people who do this will be called to account for it on the day of judgement.

AnxietyDude and Origin32 like this.