1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hating Athletes or Sports Teams

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by onceaking, Jun 9, 2019.

Is it wrong to really hate sports teams or athletes?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Don't know

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Is it wrong to really hate sports teams or athletes? I can't stand stand certain athletes and teams. Like if some of these athletes were to die I wouldn't care. But maybe it ridiculous since I don't know them irl, it's just that some of them seem really obnoxious.

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I think it's more of the problem of people practically worshipping some athletes. If people stopped doing that, then athletes would probably have their egos taken down a couple of notches.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. It's wrong to hate in general and this question is very strange.

Forget hatred, why have any attitude towards athletes at all? They're irrelevant.

4. Uh... yeah. That's definitely wrong. What the heck, man. They are human beings, and you don't even know them. You need to step away from sports or something if your opinion of these people is that toxic.

5. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Yes, I believe that it's wrong. A person whom you don't even know is not worthy of your hate. There are some athletes that I don't like, but I think it would be unfair to hate them.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You have to know people before you can really hate them. You don't know these people, therefore you don't hate them as humans but hate what they are or how they behave.

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Nah, it's wrong to act like an idiot cancerous fan though like New England Patriots fanbase fucking douchebags. smh

8. Proud douchebag here:p

9. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I ran into this idiot at a rock concert, a Pats fan. Nothing wrong with being a fan but this douche acted like he was one of the athletes and had a hand in winning the Super Bowls, Max douche level 10, smh. He had to make comments because at the time I was wearing my Raiders ballcap; I don't really wear the Raiders gear because I'm a hardcore sports douche, I more like it because I grew up a Raiders fan as a kid. I like it more for the fact that its my local area team, not really that much into the NFL as I was back in the 90's.

Be a fan of your sports team, nothing wrong with that, but once you start talking and acting as if you're one of the athletes, you're in douche territory.

10. It's cool to have a past time but I think it's crazy when people get so worked up over sports players and teams. I can watch a little basketball or football when I'm around people who are into it but the way some people obsess over this stuff is just stupid.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  11. level81rat

level81rat Fapstronaut

That's normal. If you cared about every person in the world that died then you would be crying 24/7.

12. I (hate) dont like the Cowboys

13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Interesting. So it's actually wrong to act like an idiot?

14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Don't act like an idiot and cut off the rest of what I wrote and take what I said out of context. That fan was an idiot because the things he was saying exposed his delusion that he had a hand in the Super Bowl wins like he was one of the players.