1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New and wanting to be the best father I can

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by DragonLily, Jun 8, 2019.

1. DragonLily

DragonLily New Fapstronaut

I want to be the best father I can for my little girl or boy:

I've struggled for years with PMO. I'm 22 and now I have a baby on the way with my S/o of two years but she doesn't want me in the baby's life. One of the reasons is my addiction; She's been used and used guys in her past due to her own issues and i remind her of that. Now, with everything going on between her, me and her controlling family doesn't want to figure us out or for me to be the father of our child and she's placing that on my addiction.

I'm angry, hurt, and depressed that I can't be a part of the pregnancy or that she doesn't want to work together through both our issues so we can provide our child two loving parents. But I'm not giving up, I will learn to control my addition and build myself up to be the best father for my kid.

It'll be hard, but I look forward to being a part of the NoFap community.

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap, bro. I hope you enjoy your time here.

3. I'm sorry to hear that you're in that situation, that's a tough one. I can only imagine what that must be like.

I'm glad that you made the decision to join NoFap, and fight your addiction. Just remember all the reasons why you're doing this, and never give up. Your son/daughter needs you to be there, and so does your SO. Keep in mind that she as a mother is only trying to do what she thinks is best for her child, and she is feeling like your addiction might get in the way of doing that.

Things will get better with time. Stay strong, and good luck! I'm sure that you'll be a good father to your son/daughter.

4. CYelllow

CYelllow Fapstronaut

You've taken the first and most important step (in my opinion): you've admitted that you have a problem and you're seeking help (by way of this community). I'm confident you'll get through this. Like you said, "it'll be hard," but it's not impossible.

Congratulations on your baby! I hope your SO comes around and lets you be involved.

Best of luck on your journey!

5. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut