1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholicism,Calvinism,Reformed Theology & Addiction Debate

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Feel Good Cool Worship or Hymns and Hard Seats?

1. Feel Good Cool Worship?

25.0%
  2. Hymns and Hard Seats?

50.0%
  3. I don't even care!

25.0%
  1. I was allowed to do a Protestant group for anyone to join and discuss but they didn't want to do a Catholic/protestant debate group. so I welcome all the Catholics to invade the protestant group.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. I was too distracted by her chin and her forehead to focus on worship.

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  3. Not protestant but just wanted to say hello

4. You gotta join the new group brother, we need your kind!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You're missing the entire point.

6. I joined

7. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

That was for the Jews.

I don't sacrifice or do anything you listed. I cut down a tree, decorate it with ornaments, share gifts with friends and family and welcome joy and goodwill in faith that God renews all good things in the way that Christ renews us in Him.

You show me where Paul condemns all that.

Christian Fox and Mr. McMarty like this.
  8. here is not christian basis for the celebration of Christmas. This is the festival of Saturnalia under a different name and the Christmas tree is symbolic of a phalus.

Ill show you where God condemns it.
    10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: 2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.6 For as much as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

Common sense should tell anyone that this is a poor way to Honor Jesus. Why would you honor Jesus with a materialistic holiday when Jesus essentially forsook riches for a vow of poverty and instructed his diciples to sell all of their belongings and walk around with only the clothes on their backs. He spent so much of his ministry getting us to shun materialism. Christmas is all about materialism and the customs that come along with it were expressly forbidden in the bible.

We may as well just make PMO part of our Christmas celebration and say it honors Jesus just cause we feel like it.

Show me in the bible where it encourages these customs. This is blatant idolatry appropriated by pagan Romans.
    "
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor IDOLATORS, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 9:9-10

9. Come brother and post in the Group Forum
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?groups/protestant-fapstronauts.68/

vxlccm and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

The Reformation is ongoing.

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Still waiting for the warfare posts between Calvinists and those wacky Arminians.

12. post some provocative jive in the Group

13. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

The paedobaptism debate; infralupsarians vs supralupsarians; immersion or sprinkling baptism; once saved always saved vs never saved to begin with.

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.

Deleted Account and Mr. McMarty like this.
  14. So what are you? A saved Christain that knows their saved, unsaved that knows their unsaved, unsaved that thinks their saved or saved that thinks they are unsaved?

15. tumblr_mgw1mgGbvY1qznvi3o1_400.gif

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  16. Is anybody familiar with: The "New Perspective on Paul" represents a significant shift since the 1960s in the way some scholars, especially Protestant scholars, interpret the writings of the Apostle Paul. Paul, especially in his Epistle to the Romans, advocates justification through faith in Jesus Christ over justification through works of the Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Perspective_on_Paul

17. I'm not. Sounds interesting.

18. Are you aware of this?

"the body, and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world, the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus to be a sign of it."