1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on D-day; did the right side win?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on this because the modern Western world is a chaotic shit storm ready to birth more conflicts and wars.

Disclaimer* I'm a bit Black-Pilled, HONK HONK!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Wrong question. Asking whether the right side won presupposes that both parties had a chance to win the war. Germany would lose whether the western Allies succeeded in Normandy or not.

The right question would be: is it a good thing that the invasion prevailed? And the answer depends on whether you like communism.

Paul69 likes this.
  3. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

The world may have been better for certain groups of people. Over all though I'm glad of the outcome.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. I'm not so sure about that. The German Wehrmacht was one of the most powerful armies the world has ever seen. It's the man pulling its strings who couldn't handle this power. The simple truth is that decisions lost the war, flawed tactics on German side, never the capabilities of the German armed forces. It was a superior army and had several brilliant generals and field marshals: Rommel, Von Manstein, Guderian and the likes, all of who never really got to outclass the allies because of the beliefs and ideas of a corporal turned dictator who had no tactical talent whatsoever.

If you ask me though, it's a good thing the allies won the war. The mass murder of millions of innocent people based on hate against races, disabled people, homosexuals, political ideas etc. can and must never be justified. It's a good thing Hitler wasn't a military genius. The persecutions against people everywhere wouldn't have stopped. Had Germany won the war, all religions including Christianity would eventually have been banned in favor of the Greek and ancient mythology Hitler and Himmler cherished. There would have been very strict rules for absolutely everything. E.g. pop music as you know it would have been strictly forbidden. Although democracy has its downsides, freedom is always better than dictatorship. Sure the nazis had some noble goals and ideas such as wanting to evenly spread money and welfare across the population but if you look at how that turned out, the ideas were more noble than their customs. The entire regime thrived on greed, oppression and jealousy. They wanted to fight oppression but weren't any better than the democrats.

5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

until the us had nukes

Stragler likes this.
  6. No. While Himmler was in fact a pagan, Hitler was a lifelong Roman Catholic. The majority of the German society was either Lutheran or Catholic.

The war was lost in June '41. Even if they packed winter clothes, they wouldn't win.

Germany had a shot at defeating the Brits, the French and the Soviets/Americans (either-or, not both) and setting up a partially German dominated world order. If the strategy and the execution were perfect*, that is. But fulfilling the Nazi plan of occupying the whole continent and enslaving or ethnically cleansing the entire non-Germanic population? Not a chance in hell.

*If I were Hitler, this would be my perfect master plan:
    • Strike a deal with the Poles, the Ukrainians, the Belorussians and the Baltic people. Easy to do, they hate Stalin.
    • Then do my Blitzkrieg magic on Russia starting early spring 1940. I have at least two million more soldiers who don't have their hands tied up in the west. Stalin didn't have the crucial year to rearm after the purges and the big three - Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad are mine in late summer.
    • Stalin and his generals flee eastward leaving behind supplies and armaments. I burn to the ground everything I can't carry and leave.
    • Except letting a few divisions march south to the Caucasus to establish an oil supply line over the Black Sea.
    • Another year, another invasion. France and Britain got more nervous but still haven't committed to any decisive action. I reach Paris as easily as this timeline's Hitler did.
    • I explain to Himmler that the extermination camps idea was an April fools joke.
    • Over Britain, I let my Luftwaffe rape the Royal Navy and industrial facilities, no terror bombing - that comes later. After I find the island nation crippled enough, I leave them to their devices.
    • I write a telegram to my buddies in Japan explaining why what they're planning to do this December is fucking retarded. They listen to me.
    • In fall I turn my full attention to the Middle East and North Africa. Afrikakorps is three times as large and with the help of Italian forces we control the whole area by spring 1942. More oil, baby!
    • Now it's time to finish this shit. After giving Heisenberg all the uranium ore from our friends in Czechoslovakia and Ukraine he asked for, he finally made me the coolest bomb ever! Sorry Britain, this'll gonna hurt a bit.
    • Devastated by the destructive power of the a-bomb, Churchill capitulates. All British operations in Asia, the main force stopping our Japanese friends from winning the war in Asia are now ended.
    • V-2 rocket flies, the space race starts.
    • Largest peace talks in human history commence. Me and Emperor Hirohito, fully aware that the best way to control your enemy is to make him our friend, are not overly tough on the Allies.
    • Germans stand on the Moon.
    • People all over the world can't get enough of the stupid movies produced in Heilligwald.
    • German becomes the most common second language.
    • People all over the world love to eat from fast food chains like Schnitzel Kaiser.
    • Humor is officially banned by the UN.

7. Alot of people would criticize you for posing the question but I think it's fair when you consider that the US and Brittian are responsible for imposing the same genocide, classism, economic slavery, racism and thought control that the Nazi's were demonized for. US and Brittian took part in way more wars and imperialism than Germany did. Countries like Holland and Belgium like to act all innocent but when they were doing their imperialism thing, they killed more indigenous people in Africa than the Nazi's killed Jews in the camps. Winners of war get to do what they please but it's an absolute joke when these western nations try to claim the moral high ground.

8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yeah.
    1559950975493s.jpg

9. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I think of Colonel Kurtz again when he said "we train young men to drop fire on people but won't allow the F word on planes because its offensive".

10. brilliantidiot

Are you glad that America is not Germany?

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yes.

12. brilliantidiot

Then you should be default be glad that Germany did not succeed in world domination.

13. Unless by "being Germany" you meant being Germanized in the way a lot of the world is (unfortunately) Americanized today. Not being an occupied territory as that's completely impossible because geography.

And again, Germany was defeated long before Overlord. And not by the US.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
  14. brilliantidiot

Yes, somewhat

So why even ask about overlord.

15. brilliantidiot

I don't really care what people will say to this, so I might respond or I might not, but america and the allies are no where near the level of cruelty of the nazi concentration camps.

16. brilliantidiot

I will ad that america doesn't want to "take over" the world in the same way germany tried.

17. Yeah. I already said this was a dumb thread.
    Wrong. Stalin's gulags, artificial famine and mass executions were just as cruel as Konzentrationslager and killed way more people. The same goes for China, another Ally. Imperial rulers like the Belgian king were nearly as cruel. The current American wars in the Middle East have caused death and suffering for hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and nobody gives a damn. Getting shot by a drone is perhaps better than getting gassed in Auschwitz but not by much.

18. brilliantidiot

minus stalin and china. Stalin was arguably just as bad as hitler.

Getting shot by a drone is much better than being rounded up and stuffed into disease filled camps with freezing temperatures and not much food. I don't endorse either.

19. Let’s also not forget the bomb gift the US gave Japan during the war when they not only killed soldiers/military but countless civilians as well. An act anyone with level headed thinking would have called terrorism and criminal.