1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Netflix series you can't stop watching...and why

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by need4realchg, Jun 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This list needed to be started, as a favor to all those out there who are looking for alternative to PMO and bad series just comes to mind.

1) It took me 2 seasons to stop watching: "the Zoo" you are laughing yes? I couldn't stop watching... I was hoping the black guy wasn't going to get killed off in the first 2 episodes and since he didn't... i was hooked. Then the premise was so amazingly BAD (animals taking over the world....we all wrote like that in 3rd grade creative writing class right?)

2) Danish series "The Rain." the premise is good, kinda like contagion, but the voiceover actors , the ones that dubbed it in english sounds like the original actors but their timing is sooo bad; you want to throw your netflix screen straight into another screen so that the sound effects

3) Turkish series "The protector" king of scorpions meets indiana jones... it's a terribly dubbed movie as well, but omg the actresses, this show struck me as unique for having so many actors above 60 on screen, kinda golden girls... but their younger ones are flawlessly beautiful. Even the kick-ass heroine is cute.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I don't watch any series anymore because it's a complete waste of time. They are the same as soap operas.

Why would i care about someone else's life? A fake life, at that. If anything, watching a documentary makes more sense cause it's at least real.

3. TroubledLoner

TroubledLoner Fapstronaut

Arrested Development.

The TV series was great. I keep watching the Netflix produced episodes hoping that some of the old magic will reappear. Sadly, I think that is a lost cause.

need4realchg likes this.
  4. I agreed. I don't think all netflix is about someone's life though necessarily everything i listed is not of fake people's lives... you might be thinking of another streaming service?

5. The Society. My husband and I whined and complained through every stupid writing decision on that show -- and boy were there a lot of them -- but I'm still so invested in finding out what happens next. Can't wait for season 2!

need4realchg likes this.
  6. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

What you listed is a story, it's not real. Those things did not happen and will not happen, that's what i'm saying.

7. Ahhh...I believe the word you are looking for is “fictional”. Yes. They are.

So is comedy, drama, west wing, even historical dramas... the element of truth is a nice touch too.

My go to for history is not Netflix ... nothing wrong with documentaries... just most ppl don’t use Netflix to learn about historical real events or people .

8. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

Yes, fiction is the better world, tough "fake" better describes my opinion about them.

My thinking is that i only have one life to live and i consider spending it in fantasy - mine or even worse, someone else's fantasy - a huge waste of life and an insult to life and reality itself.

9. Why did you come into a thread about Netflix shows then? Geez dude, you don't have to judge everybody who watches TV and come into their threads to brag about how you don't watch that nonsense. You sound extremely pretentious.

10. I mean, to be clear, there's nothing wrong with the point of view you have and the way you want to live. That's not pretentious. But coming into a thread that is clearly about TV shows just be like "oh yeah? Well *I* don't watch TV shows, because *I* like to actually live my life and not waste it on such trivial nonsense" is... incredibly pretentious.

11. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I find your post incredibly pretentious because you're gatekeeping what i can or can't say.

I used to watch a metric shit ton of series, i probably watched more than all the people in this thread have watched, combined.

So i know what i'm talking about, i'm sharing my suggestion that this is not a healthy behavior, especially because i had done it myself.

12. Thanks for your feedback bud, i agree with castelle ; um not feeling your love in this thread; maybe there is a better place for your contrarian viewpoint ? Would it be ok if we reset?

13. Is there at genre or writing style that is designed to make the audience groan and claw chalk boards??

I remember a particular actress played dana Brody from homeland was soooooo moody in her character portrayal i wanted her fired !! She was snooty, entitled, suicidal, and epitome of arrogance.

She was so good at being annoying. I hated that I liked the show so much. Does anyone understand what I’m referring to ??

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  14. Once a series gets terrible I try to cut it off, although I didn't follow this rule for Sons of Anarchy. I stopped watching GOT around season 6 but I broke down and watch the final season which was trash. I did stick to my guns for the walking dead because it sucked too bad, although my friend told me they were improving.

Anyone who has Netflix should watch kingdom as it was a very original take on the zombie thing.

need4realchg likes this.
  15. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

We're going back a few years, but I watched the entire True Blood series even though it was a heaping pile of yeti vomit. I didn't even understand what was happening for the last 3 seasons. Nada. And why did I keep watching even though I hated it? By chance I had caught the very first episode on the night it premiered. It felt like destiny. :D

need4realchg likes this.

16. Died at _Yeti vomit! Hahah

Is it white? Black? Purple ?

I agree with you on true blood. I never watched it though...I was scared away by the mustacheod man on the cover though.....

“Son you never trust a man wth only a mustache ... clearly he’s hiding more tha his upper lip.”

—said every one’s granny , never , but we all kinda heard that somewhere at granny’s house.

Strength And Light likes this.
  17. Good point sometimes the plot twists are so stark you are left wondering ... did they fire the writer ? He wasn’t alone ... show still sucks!

Deleted Account likes this.