1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do We Have Free Will?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 29, 2018.

1. But just to be clear, if Calvinism holds true, I didnt make him my savior. He made me his elect?

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  2. Yes, Brother, The truth can be hurtful because we prefer idols to God.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  3. God doesn't have to do that. You said yourself he is sovereign as does what he wants.

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

True. No one "makes a decision for Christ". God knows who are his elect.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. You accepted Jesus as Lord because of the gift of Grace God gave you that you didnt ask for.

Deleted Account and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

He does have to do that otherwise you never see or hear. The seeing eye and the hearing ear God has made both.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Irresistible Grace:
    When God calls his elect into salvation, they cannot resist. God offers to all people the gospel message. This is called the external call. But to the elect, God extends an internal call and it cannot be resisted.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  8. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

This is not the gospel

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

That makes God a dictator.

10. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Calvinism is a doctrine made by men,, not by God.

11. I still want you for the reformed group. You can debate the Calvinists!

12. and your right!

13. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

No there's no such a thing as free will. Everything is pre-determined in the universe

14. OH im going to invite you for sure to the new reformed group.

15. I just think if God has to do something then he's not really sovereign.

Also what does is matter if I see or not since there's nothing I can contribute by seeing or hearing.

16. God "created" us in his image which means we do have free will and ability to achieve anything we want. When we hinder our or other people progress that's when we act against God in my opinion. If you truly believe in God all you have to do is be good person towards others and yourself(no addictions etc).

17. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I didn't say it was the gospel.

18. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Anyway I'm not interested in this anymore. I usually never try to debate Christianity and I got hooked into it here. The truth is, I despise most Christians who are not Reformed/Calvinist because they usually believe some wacky crap and/or heresy. *unsubscribing

19. Love you too buddy. :)

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  20. Am a bit late sry
    If i had to summ up what i think i would say that we dont have free will but free choice. If we had free will we could be as rich as we want, always healthy young etc. But you dont chose these kind of things, God does, what you have to do is to chose in the context chosen by God.