1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just started NoFap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by hairlesschewbacca, May 20, 2019.

1. hairlesschewbacca

hairlesschewbacca Fapstronaut

Hi all,

I am currently on day 16 of my NoFap journey. In my first 16 days I basically lived on this website researching and looking for similar experiences to mine.

A little background I am 25 and been using PMO for 12 years but I would never describe myself as hard core addicted with crazy fetishes or multiple M per day.

Right now I am currently struggling with the brain fog and I am afraid it’s going to harm my performance at work. I am in a very creative field at a very reputable company that I would imagine most of you have heard of before. I believe the current lack of seratonin and dopamine in my brain is having an impact on my creativity.

-I’m in pretty good physical shape already working out doing weights/hot yoga/cardio a combined 10 times a week.
    -I take ZMA to sleep and other supplements daily to help.
    -I started taking cold showers recently and that helps a little bit.

Is there anything else I can be doing to help with my withdrawal? I gotta put food on the table but I don’t want to sacrifice the best version of myself. But I also am very passionate about my career. I know I’m going to conquer this I just gotta get through this weird brain fog.

Thank you for reading

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. Sorry no one said hello sooner.

As far as advice -- what you're doing looks good. My own opinion is that it's kind of like when you drink too much; you just have to ride it out while you get the booze out of your system. It's a couple of weeks since you posted this. How are you doing now?

3. hairlesschewbacca

It’s day 45 and I’m crushing it! Life is awesome and I’m having good days and bad days. I’m learning lots about myself but I also feel the regret of a lot of things that I’ve done and said in the past that we’re stupid because my brain was wired completely different. I’m kinda in weird flatline where some days I have no libido and other days I have a ton of urges.

Social anxiety is still there sometimes and want to see that go away. The good news is my creativity didn’t go anywhere.

4. hairlesschewbacca

Thank you for checking in on me.

5. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut