1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Quora a huge propaganda?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 28, 2019.

1. I dont know where to start with this. I read some questions about evolutionary biology and the answers were in the style of "Stop thinking about this and just jerk off".

Or if someone asks something that can be answered with a 'yes' or 'no' they instead type a paragraph long answe that doesnt even answer the question.

The propaganda is that they constantly demolish aything about life and humans. They constantly portray human as bilogocial computers, always explain eveyhting scienticifally despite some of it being objectively false, say that spiriti doesnt exist, that we arent self aware, that we arent real.

Someone asked if birds are smart and they replied that birds are smarter than mammals which includes humans. And they supported this answer by providing biased studies but they type it in a way that is looks scientific so tha thtye convince you that thats the way it is.

They also promote that whole idea, that we are animals and that fapping is healthy and men should ive up on eveything and jerk off all day cause its "natural".

Overall, tehy are very antihuman and particulary antimale. they seem to hate humanity and try to brainwash others that their "science" is right and they must conform to "nature".

goodnice likes this.
  2. I use quora. Its an app you throw a question out there and random people answer it. So all those answers are just random people's opinions, any ole bozo can just throw out an answer.

I use it to answer questions on legalities and hip-hop. But sometimes go into drug usage and answer some questions.

3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

quora can be extremely useful be keep in mind that these are just random people's opinions. They might be right or they might not.

4. goodnice

goodnice Fapstronaut

quora sucks. most people don’t know what they are talking about, and i see what you mean

i much prefer forums such as reddit or nofap or bodybuilding

Ambrose Grant likes this.
  5. This is so very true. Every time I've ever attempted to ask something on Quora, it's turned out about like that. Even I know that the answer they gave me is false. And if I'm being honest, I've even thrown a question or two out there just for the sake of seeing if they were actually giving me legit answers or not. They usually don't, it's the same thing as always, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

6. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Quora is a decent idea but it has turned to shit since they started merge-ing answers automatically, without moderation. To become some kind of wikipedia for questions, instead of a Q&A site. If you spend effort to make a good, resourced answer. The bot will just merge it automatically with some answer, that might not even be to the same question, just a similar one.

Quora has turned into a wikipedia but the information is just a bunch of random, unverified facts.

It's a shame really, used to be really good.

7. the promise

the promise Fapstronaut

I use. It since not to much and yes there always comparing sciens vs nature and anti life stuf not always but yea kind of true

8. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Okay. Where to even begin with this. First of all, I don't think anti-propaganda is a term that is applicable here. I do understand where you're going with that argument. Posting on quora is done by individuals of varying backgrounds and therefore the response you get is somewhat random and representative of people.
    No. Propaganda has nothing to do with consensus. Propaganda can be untrue, that is possible, it can also be a statement that may be true, but doesn't tell the whole story. The point of propaganda is that it comes from a position of power or influence and is dubious in how it's presented. Consensus is something else.
    No, no, no. Of course he's dismissive of flat-earthers. Every debate is not a debate worth having. Should we debate if Santa is real? Or whether the sun is made of cheese? Can we debate whether you are actually a reptile that has a compulsive masturbation problem? Of course not.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  9. quora needs to go down srsly, its worse than incel sites

Deleted Account likes this.