1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. 59/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    9/30 - no bread

Without the bread I've gotten a bit bored of my new breakfasts that has mostly consisted of eggs... so today I did a cauliflower pizza to breakfast and yesterday I did gazpacho with feta cheese. Yummy! :emoji_man_dancing:

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  2. Are you just experimenting with no bread or is there a special reason to avoid it?

3. It's mostly to callusing my mind... to develop a stronger degree of mental toughness. As I wrote this Wednesday, all the challenges on this forum are just about self-control. So the more commitments I make and do not break, the stronger I will become.

I was also a bit curious what would happen if I just stopped. How will it feel? What will I do? Will I adapt? It's too soon to tell. If the change is good, I will realise it in two weeks or so. :D

4. In Germany we're kind of crazy with bread. We eat a lot of brown bread. Typically when we eat a cold meal, everything has to go on that bread: cheese, sausage, ham, honey or whatever you have. And don't forget the butter!
    In my opinion bread is either of low quality or too expensive here. But I like super fresh bread very much that comes directly out of the oven.
    (Please imagine this spoken with a Schwarzenegger accent ;))

2/10
    yesterday no coffee, no alc., no fast food
    today coffee at work / no alc., no fast food

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. 60/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    10/30 - no bread

30 days without coffee completed! Now I'm going to have a lovely cup of coffee... oh, I've been missing it so much!!

6. I'll take a day of. No excess but a day without challenges and restrictions.
    So I have to reset tomorrow.

7. Thinking about the perfect balance here. The no caffeine challenge taught me it’s actually pretty good to stay away from excess amount of coffee. Same for the no sugar challenge. Also probably same when it comes to bread, alcohol and crisps.

When I’ve completed the challenges I’ve committed to do, I will probably do something like this: at most one coffee per weekend, at most bread once per day, at most alcohol once per month, sugar allowed when my wife bakes, crisps at most once per month. Then I allow myself some joy from the dark side at the same time it’s not an excessive amount in anyway.

8. How about redesigning your rules so you don’t have to reset? E.g. Allow some consumption on Saturdays, etc.

9. Okay, I've been thinking about this enough. Before my 90-day challenge I stayed away from sugar for 40 days. Then I allowed myself to eat sugar when my wife bakes. Now I've just stayed away from coffee completely for 30 days. Just had a cup of coffee and that was nice. Now I'm thinking about allowing myself one cup of coffee per weekend for 30 days. So I'm just going to reformulate my goals so that I track my progress with the relaxed set of rules:

100/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    60/90 - no alcohol
    60/90 - no crisps
    30/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    10/30 - no bread

Cheers mates!

10. You're right.

It felt good to have the freedom to eat and drink everything I like today. (So I try not to regret what I consumated). But at the end of the day my addictive behaviour came to light. Maybe it was the inner child or 'it' taking advantage of the allowance of the super-ego :D

Anyway, I like to adopt the wife-bakes-rule, but more generally. So in positive social contexts like that I'm allowed to eat sugary foods together with others. I don't want to go into every detail here, this is no legal text and I know when I will be walking the line and when I cross it. I'll report in either case.

Also I will include those items in my Challenge which I was only reporting about before. But skip fast food (it's not well defined and my nutrition is otherwise good enough anyways).

• No sugar 0/10
      • No lonely sugar bingeing 0/10
    • No alcohol, no drugs 0/10
    • Not more than one coffee per day 0/10

Promise: I will stick to this format for the rest of the month without changing it.

Now I eat the chocolate I bought. Thank you inner child! :D

11. hmm I wonder what the long-term effects of this challenge are! I assume not only will your habits change but also you'll develope a different taste and so will your gut bacteria.
    The pace of those changes may depend on how effective you lower the sugar-density or sweetness of your food.
    ... only some thoghts ;)

12. Sounds like an awesome twist!

13. Only unprocessed, healthy foods today. No sugar, no coffee.

14. 102/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    62/90 - no alcohol
    62/90 - no crisps
    32/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    12/30 - no bread

Gazpacho with feta to breakfast again. It's actually pretty nice! But I miss the bread anyway. :)

15. 20

I was really surprised to see that I'm almost at three weeks. It's been fairly easy after the first few days.

16. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

No sugar: day 1 (start again this challenge, that one it is really hard for me).
    No orgasm: day 8 (I am in a marriage).
    No watching news: day 23.

17. 103/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    63/90 - no alcohol
    63/90 - no crisps
    33/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    13/30 - no bread

Future role model likes this.