1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Realization

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ClickClickBoom, May 22, 2019.

1. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Yesterday while i was training i realized something important, somewhere along the line i lost my humbleness, and in return it was replaced with selfishness, anger, fear, greed and i don't like the idea of what i have become, i remain a shadow of what i want to become and at the same time i know i can achieve what i want easily. But a have a mental barrier that is holding me back and day by day i see that clock ticking away, the amount of time i have existed on this planet is getting larger and the amount of days i have left is getting shorter.
    I'm just rambling at this point.

Anyone experienced this or something similar?
    Any thought on how i can overcome my current situation?

Kotn and justafriend like this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Yup, experiencing it for the past several months.

In my case it’s burnout and severe depression.

Basically work environment is horrible and private life is in shambles, lost several meaningful relationships (anger, selfishness, greed, fear/anxiety) because of how I let my work environment affect me (nothing to do, but being paid by the time spent in the office - so a lot of staring out the window -> overthinking). A lot of unprocessed emotions, stuck right now in emotional numbness. Bouts of crying out of nothing every now and then.

Hope you won’t reach something similar, though. Take a few days off entirely and disconnect from your day to day activities; go sleep in a hotel for a few days, next to a forest maybe. Might be you need to recharge your batteries :)

3. ClickClickBoom

Now that i realize my issue i can take measures to correct it

justafriend likes this.
  4. justafriend

justafriend Fapstronaut

Try listening to this at the gym for motivation/inspiration:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    koolpal likes this.
  5. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

Oh yeah. I was always an aggressive guy and I don't think its a bad quality unless I am too much angry. Plus, an aggressive guy can be nice sometimes but a nice guy can't be aggressive regardless of how much he tries, anyone can sense it is unnatural. Anyway I didn't have problems with it until couple months ago. I have been exercising for 3 years(bodybuilding) and this year I couldn't make gains and that made me feel unsatisfied so I started taking steroids(Trenbolone to be specific). After that, I was not me anymore. I started to abuse people more physically. I was very impatient and could get mad really fast. I started to beat up my girlfriend of 2 years outside of bed, and she was very sad. I got a decision to stop couple weeks after I started because of it. Now I still get urges to attack people, but I can get it under control. My advice to you is know that if you are selfish or aggressive mentally there's no problem there, but if you exceed the line like me then you gotta work on finding a solution to the cause of what made you get that behavior.

6. ClickClickBoom

Metal is all the motivation i need fortunately :)

7. ClickClickBoom

Appreciate the Advice, personally im too stubborn and proud to consider a steroid cycle, but in your case your hormones should regulate in a short period of time since you didn't use it for an extended period.
    i know how difficult it is to develop if your natural in bodybuilding but steroids will F you up in the long run
    Hormones really twist our world around :p

Best wishes,

justafriend likes this.
  8. justafriend

justafriend Fapstronaut

Ha. I’m recommending Jordan Peterson, in response to your original post. Not so much the music. ;)

But if you have it all figured out, proceed yay you. :)

ClickClickBoom likes this.
  9. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

justafriend likes this.
  10. ClickClickBoom

koolpal likes this.
  11. Night_of_Gales

Night_of_Gales Fapstronaut

That video was so true man, eye opening..

justafriend likes this.
  12. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Awesome videos. Thanks for sharing. Grew up watching Dragon Ball, and recently heard about Jordan Peterson.

justafriend likes this.