1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and Cannabis

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TacticalTaco, May 23, 2019.

1. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Fapstronaut

Hey so I’m on Day 4, looking forward to this journey. However, I tend to use marijuana recreationally on weekends. Typically I will vape marijuana once a week. How will this affect me? I am doing this socially with my friend or more. Will this negate the effects of NoFap?

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

I find I get very horny and usually relpase if I smoke alone. If this is the case for you then don't smoke alone. Smoking once a week will probably not effect you a lot, you might feel a bit foggy the day after. Everyone's different, if you find it messes you up then just stop.

3. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Fapstronaut

That’s definitely a worry of mine. I won’t be getting high alone. If I find my libido gets too high, I’ll stop.

4. Truth-Seeker

Truth-Seeker Fapstronaut

It has been super helpful with the withdrawel symptoms I began to exprience by the end of week 1. Ive been a daily smoker for many years though. It used to be a trigger for me but for some reason it just hasn't been thus time around. Possibly because pills and stimulants became much more powerful triggers for me. I have had to cut those out of my life completely, something I needed to do anyhow.

Since quitting my PMO addiction I have no desire for hard drugs, very little desire to drink, and cut back on the pot. I now believe my drug use began to alleviate the symptoms of my addiction to the Dopamine produced by my own brain during PMO.

Since you do not seem to struggle with substance abuse I see no harm in it. Its not likley going to trigger you in the future if it does not already. I always say better off without it, but for me I need to focus on the PMO addiction which causes more harm to my life first. In the past I tried to focus on the drug use first. I was sober for nearly a year but did not quit PMO so I did not see all the benefits I'm having now after just 45 days. Increased energy, confidence, self esteem, focus. I feel like I have been reborn and given a second chance at life.

5. Addictive behaviors run together and for me the use of cannabis and PMO are linked. Now when I abstain from PMO I abstain from cannabis because it will eventually ruin my streak.

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  6. happy camper

happy camper Fapstronaut

Toking definitely is a trigger for me. I've cut it down to just on the weekends and never alone. I still get urges sometimes when I toke tho, even with friends. I think it's better to stay off it at least for 2-6 weeks, especially if you know it's a trigger. If not, toke on man!

AGuyInHisBestYears likes this.
  7. AGuyInHisBestYears

AGuyInHisBestYears Fapstronaut

Hey man. Just smoking weed won't affect your streak - as long as it's not a trigger. I know weed can act as an aphrodisiac for many (does for me), and it increases the pleasure - but for me at least it's easy to avoid PMO when toking. If you feel like it's going to be tough, don't smoke weed.

8. Ether its a trigger or it's not for you. You must know for sure.