1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Faith in abstinence

lalala

1. Hello all,

To my astonishment I have gone 15 days no PMO. I have struggled with addictions for many years but I am slowly ticking them off one by one. Infact if I can overcome this one then the only one I will have left to address is with sugar. I have decided to take a similar approach to this as I have with my recovery from alcohol and drug addiction (to which I have been abstinent 2.5 years), and apply some spiritual principles to practicing abstinence.

Before November 2016 I was vehemently agnostic and closed minded about all things to do with faith and spirituality. However since that time I have grown to become a person who considers their faith to essential to their life and I pray every night religiously.

I have recently altered my usual pray to take account of my new endeavours to quit PMO and as with all the things I have previously applied a spiritual principle to, it seems to be working, so far.

I am immensely grateful that my mind was opened enough to allow in a higher power which has enabled to grow as a person and has supported me through things that without a shadow of a doubt would have left my powerless to resolve on my own.

I am also grateful that there are some people within the NoFap community who also hold dearly their faith and spiritual values and I look forward to connecting with you in spirit throughout the rest of my journey.

Stay blessed.

Joe.