1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MY compulsive SA battle

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Jun 29, 2018.

1. RAWMagic

RAWMagic Fapstronaut

Buddy, one piece of advice.

With a woman, complimenting and praising gives them motivation. Stating what's wrong with them hurts them. They're feminine, not masculine. Criticism causes most of them to close. Even implicit criticism.

Praise leads them to radiance, energy and motivation.

Don't take my word for it.

Try praising your wife for something small about her appearance. Some one small thing you can still enjoy. Even her ankles or her nipples or lips. Praise her body, repeatedly. Praise her energy and light, repeatedly. Do this consistently for at least two weeks, and see what happens.

2. That is really good advice and I will follow it and see what happens. In the past I have complimented her for losing a small amount of weight and it actually seemed to backfire because she would stop her routine of weight loss and then gain it back.....I don’t know....subconsciously she thought that she no longer needed to stay the course because of the compliments?

3. Just changed my title of my thread....I am not powerless.

RAWMagic likes this.
  4. RAWMagic

RAWMagic Fapstronaut

With women, always call the glass half full.

Don't say, "Honey, you look better because you've lost weight. I can see your hips better."

Say something like, "Baby, your hips look so sexy when you do your exercises, I love watching you."

William Wallace likes this.
  5. RAWMagic

RAWMagic Fapstronaut

Strong.

:emoji_punch:

6. Had a close call today. Did not have much to do and got on the app whisper. Started chatting with a young lady who asked if I could help her out with some money to pay her rent and in return she would provide me with sexual favors........needless to say that triggered the SA......so I then searched some E’s and made contact with a couple of them. I did not meet up with any of them and instead MO’d while I took a shower and that set me back to reality. I am disappointed with myself to how close I came to relapsing but I am also happy that I did not give in to my compulsion.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
    Deleted Account and gtablor like this.
  7. RAWMagic

RAWMagic Fapstronaut

How we doing Wallace? What's the story?

8. @RAWMagic
    Doing well. Going with the full re-boot indefinitely.....19 days so far. I feel much better about myself with semen retention.
    How’s things with you?

RAWMagic likes this.
  9. You need to take one problem at a time. 1st, start with the alcohol you just can't drink anymore. In my opinion. After you quit drinking. I know that you quit going to see the prostitutes. I do not think that you should tell everything to your wife. Once you feel better about yourself, you can begin to think about how to be a better husband and that's all that you can control.

10. @Mr. McMarty
    Yes, I must get my own situation under control and continue to improve before anything else. The alcohol is definitely something that has assisted with my acting out on my compulsions. I no longer go to bars unless I am with my wife.
    Take care

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  11. Dawned on me that sometimes I'm somewhat drunk for half of the next day, so I am currently experimenting with getting a buzz going (mild elation/desire to listen to music) then hitting lime and soda. The reality is that there is still quite a lot of booze slowly making its way through me anyway.
    I also eat a nice healthy meal as soon as the hunger pangs hit, which prevents any desire for more booze.
    Result so far: no stupid decisions, far less of a hangover, money saved. I drank last night but was still up at 7 this morning and meditating.

12. RAWMagic

RAWMagic Fapstronaut

@William Wallace

Nineteen Days is excellent work so far on no PMO and semen retention mate. That stored energy and discipline should give you the extra oomph for kicking the booze on the head. I quit drinking for about four years, and now I can have a drink and walk away.

I used to sleep with many woman, and found it very difficult to be faithful. Now I am able to communicate, navigate and integrate such desires with my current partner, and it makes us far stronger and has taken our sexing to a far deep level.

If you want to join the private WhatsApp Accountability Group I'm hosting, PM me and I will send you the link.

Strength and courage!

:emoji_muscle::emoji_japanese_ogre:
    :emoji_sun_with_face::emoji_heart:

13. Ended up drinking too much alcohol last night and I relapsed after 26 days of no PMO/acting out. I was really feeling good about myself while on my streak but today I feel like shit. I know I would not have relapsed if I had not been drinking. Stupid move on my part but I will start all over and move forward

14. Lifelongaddict

Lifelongaddict Fapstronaut

So the only reason you don’t have sex with your wife and instead cheat on her is because she’s overweight? I would say you need to also work on some base character flaws and that would help with your addiction.

15. You got to give up alcohol all together friend. I can drink, smoke or look at tempting TV

16. I would say they are two separate issues...my relationship with my wife and my addiction. My priority is to continue to battle and conquer this addiction before I work on any of my other flaws. If I was not addicted I would have stopped this shit long ago, regardless of the current status of my relationship. It took me a long time to come to terms that I was a SA, and this site has really helped. So I will continue to battle.

17. I agree. I have decided to stay away indefinitely.

18. ment to say I cant hahahahaI cant do anything. But......that will empower us to do ANYTHING. know your triggers my friend!

19. Lifelongaddict

Lifelongaddict Fapstronaut

I’m just saying, clearly you only care about yourself. You have to be a good person in order to want to change and be able to do it successfully. Otherwise you never will.

20. Ok. Got it. “Lifelongaddict” Thanks for all your helpful advice. Have a wonderful day.