1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of motivation for something important

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MrDetermination, May 20, 2019.

1. MrDetermination

MrDetermination Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,
    I'm currently a student, and I have a very important work to complete for my studies.
    It has to be complete by July 9. However, I often feel a complete lack of motivation to carry on with the task, I also feel like what I'm doing is pointless, and that I'm just doing it to validate my degree and please some teachers. I know I'm behind schedule, but that still doesn't motivate me. I tried to motivate myself, and to improve my self-discipline, but that just doesn't work. I've already completeted some aspects of the task, but I've got a feeling that I'm not doing enough, and it's kind of the case.
    Got any advice? I'm listenning.

2. Your are not alone. I feel more or less the same as you. My best advice I could give is to keep going and remember why you strarted.

3. 007malone

007malone Fapstronaut

Good luck! Hope you ace it! Is it a written report? A project?

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Here’s a thought: try to explain to someone the topic of the task and what you believe is expected from you to achieve; leave out the why it’s pointless.

There is one key factor here: once you start vocalizing the task and it’s sub tasks, go with pros and cons of the topic (not the task), this will break down your task into smaller parts that you may be able to tackle and will not look as such an insurmountable thing; and don’t strive for the best, just what is good enough. You’ll probably finish the task way way quicker than you think.

I had an idea once for a business and I always postponed writing it down as a project, because I don’t have the money, it’s a complex business, no one would invest. Once I opened up and spoke about it with a friend, pros cons, let him critique my thoughts and give my shit advice, I thought ‘hang on, my idea is still pretty good and i have a list of things I can write’. Didn’t do the business, but wrote a project paper that I was proud of!