1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To Call or Not to Call: That is the Question.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by RobinCoenBrosFan, May 20, 2019.

1. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

Hi,
    Back in late April I had a date with a girl I met at an audition who is a very sexy girl from Italy (and the mere fact I was even able to get a date with a woman like this is something I should give thanks to this website for). About a week later I tried to go out with her again but she was too busy. Then she said she was going back to Italy for two weeks but said, “let’s talk soon after I’m back.”

This may have been a mistake, but over a week after that, I texted her, saying “How is Italy?” And didn’t get a response (she usually responds). It’s also been over two weeks since she said she left, and hasn’t contacted me. So now, my question is, since it’s been over a week since I’ve done that, should I call this woman up one more time and try to arrange another date, and if she blows me off again, then forget her and move on? Or should I just give up, come to the conclusion she’s not interested in a second date, and move on to the next one right now, at the risk of looking too desperate, which is the last thing I want to do?

Part of me is telling me that she doesn’t want to leave Italy, because when we met up, she told me she didn’t have a green card, or she was homesick, but this is completely a 100% assumption.

I know this isn’t really a dating advice website, but any feedback is appreciated. If there’s a chance, I’d rather not give up on this woman because I really like her, but if I have to look elsewhere, then whatever.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. SpoonDog

SpoonDog Fapstronaut

Having been in a similar situation recently, I know how frustrating it is. What I did was give the girl in question 3 chances for a date. Once my third attempt had failed, I accepted in my own mind it wasn't going to happen, but more importantly, that I had done everything I practically could to get a date with her. Therefore I wasn't going to live to regret it thinking I could have done more.

I suggest you give her one more chance as I sense you may end up thinking you could have done more if you don't give it another go. If that attempt fails, draw a line under it and move on.

3. Call her one more time, just to be sure. If she doesn't answer move on and search another woman that shows more interest for you.