1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a 41 year old male and I freaking love The Bachelor/Bachelorette

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SuperFan, May 14, 2019.

1. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I'm not ashamed.

Well, okay, I might be a little ashamed ... but when it comes to sheer entertainment, you can't beat it.

Anyone else watch Hannah's debut last night?

2. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

lo and behold ladies and gentlemen, fappers and non fappers alike, the darkest, most insidious, most down right satanic confession to have ever graced this website, the one only man on God’s green earth who enjoys The Bachelor/Bachelorette, the SuperFan!!!!

3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Laugh if you will ... you guys are the ones missing out. It's like a graduate-level course on what not to do in front of a national audience when you're trying to win over a beautiful woman.

4. No way!! I did NOT know this about you!

Haha The Bachelor franchise is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I've watched basically every season since Jake Pavelka (or Brad Womak's 2nd season... whichever came first). Except I haven't watched the few most recent seasons. I missed Arie and whatever girl was after him and most of Colton's. I started watched Colton's season at the end, after my mom told me what happened with Cassie dumping him and him leaving. I just had to see that! Lol

I was actually just watching Hannah's debut earlier this evening. I'm still just at the beginning, with the limo entries. I really like Hannah, though. She's cute and sweet <3

Did you see Colton's season? Were you happy with his choice? I'm a little biased, because, I mean, her name is Cassie after all. ;)

5. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

You're a man of good taste.

You didn't miss much.

Yeah, I love her. She's just super authentic. She owns her imperfections. When she was walking outside by the pool before the cocktail party, she prayed "Lord, give me the words, help me feel worthy, help me feel smart ..." My heart just went out to her. I love that she's leaning on Jesus. And I could basically dive into her dimples.

Colton's season was tough to watch, honestly. Everyone made this huge deal about how he was a virgin--which is understandable--but you really did feel like he was this little 15-year old boy learning about girls for the first time. The mistakes he made felt so 101 ... but at the end, he got the girl he'd been hoping for, so I guess I can't really criticize the guy. For sheer entertainment sake, though, the season left a bit to be desired. I also couldn't shake the belief that Cassie was only in this to get famous, and that she had no real desire to be in a long-term relationship with Colton. I'm honestly (and happily) surprised that they're still together.

Once you get done watching the first episode, read this amazing recap from a writer at The Ringer. Dude, this is comedy gold. I was laughing my ass off reading this:

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/5/13/18618368/the-bachelorette-season-15-premiere-recap-hannah

6. I'm a lady, actually :p

Lol yeah, that's what I heard. I was a little disappointed though, because I tried to watch the next season of bachelor in paradise after that, and I didn't know who anybody was, so it wasn't fun to watch at all.

Right! And yes, it's always really nice to see some good Christians on the show :)

Yeah, I was annoyed with how much they kept bringing up his virginity. That's such a personal thing, and it's really nobody's business. And also, it shouldn't be such a shocking thing that someone who isn't married hasn't had sex yet.

Will do! I always read Sharleen's recaps on her site alltheprettypandas.com. She was my favorite contestant on Juan Pablo's season, maybe one of my favorite contestants ever. Idk if you watched that season, but she was so mature and wise, and she was the one he liked the most bit the whole time she just wasn't feeling it at all and she felt weird about the whole thing and like people were falling in love way too fast. I just loved her authenticity.

Anyway, she does recaps and they're pretty cool because she has experience from being on the show, so she has a lot of insider stuff to say about how the show is edited and how everything runs. Sometimes her recaps clear up some misconceptions, like when the shoe tries to edit someone as being the villain but she shows how the editing was obviously fake and stuff like that.

SuperFan likes this.
  7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Ugh. Total fail. So sorry! That's what I get for making assumptions.

8. Lol no problem :p it happens a lot, and I really don't mind.

9. @SuperFan have you been watching the new season? There's so much controversy. As a Christian woman, I'm extremely disappointed in the way Hannah is acting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  10. If you're not in the know, basically she is a woman who professes to be a Christian, but she has absolutely no problem with sex outside of marriage, and when a Christian man on the show tries to tell her he has a problem with that, she goes all ragey feminist on him and proudly announces that she "f**ked in a windmill, twice" that very week.

It's just so disappointing. It's really disheartening to see how many so called "Christians" on social media are defending her actions, and somehow believe that women have the right to be as promiscuous as they want and do whatever they want with their bodies. Which is not at all a message the Bible agrees with.

Hannah's been quotes in interviews having basically said that since Jesus' blood washes everything, she can do whatever she wants, and it doesn't matter.

It also makes me sad how much crao the guy is getting for literally feeling the way any Christian man on the planet should feel. All he said was that he believes the marriage bed should be kept pure, and that if she's had sex with any of the men there, he would want to be sent home. And she got super angry at him for "judging her." It's so ridiculous.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

As a Christian, I don't think there anything particularly wrong with sex outside of marriage per say.

Okay, that's pretty dumb. If I had premarital sex I wouldn't ask for forgiveness. I don't think it's necessary to ask YHWH for forgiveness because I don't think YHWH is a petty immature manchild freaking out every time we commit 'sins'.

12. Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matthew 7:13-14

13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Oh, how fun.

From Brad Jersak:

The narrow road is Jesus’ distillation of the entire law and the prophets—their essential teaching. And Jesus says so. How does he summarize the law and the prophets? What is this “narrow way”? “Treat others as you want to be treated.” That’s right: the narrow way of the law and the prophets—the Way he adopts and adapts as the Jesus Way—is, according to Jesus, none other than the Golden Rule!

The narrow gate is the outcome of walking the narrow way or Jesus Way. And what is that outcome? It’s not heaven. Not in this context. Jesus says, “The narrow way leads to LIFE.” Don’t upload your eschatology in that word. Jesus’ abundant life starts now for those who want to live his way.

The broad road indicates the road most people choose: the road of selfishness and self-centeredness. Instead of treating others as we’d like to be treated, most people are obsessed with their own welfare—looking out for number one!

The wide gate is the ironic outcome of that broad way of self-seeking. What is the consequence of a selfish life, devoid of sacrificial love, mercy and forgiveness? Does Jesus say the broad path leads to hell? Not in this context. No, he says the Self-way leads to destruction. He’s not talking about being thrown into some medieval torture chamber. Jesus is speaking about something we see every day: selfish people self-destruct. Their lives, their relationships, their vocations either suddenly implode or inexorably decay before our eyes.

Wide and narrow describe our choices. In this life, Jesus observes that the wide road—i.e. the most popular path—seems to be selfishness. And the narrow road—i.e. the road less travelled—is the Golden Rule option. He’s talking about the choices we make in this life and how they play out “on the ground” (not under the ground or in the air).

In context, he’s not talking about saying a contrived sinner’s prayer so you can avoid hell. He’s talking about following him on his Way—the narrow way, the Jesus Way, the Way of the Cross—the Jesus Walk of self-giving love. That’s right, the Golden Rule is the principle of our cruciform (cross-shaped), kenotic (self-giving) life in Christ (and only in Christ).

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Well, God and the Bible disagree with you. So idk what to tell ya.

This is just... completely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but if you don't believe it's necessary to ask for forgiveness, you are not a Christian. Go read your Bible. I'm not gonna argue with you about it.

MLMVSS likes this.
  15. The implication to what you just said is that if God cares about us being our and He hates sin, as the Bible says He does, that makes him petty and immature? That makes zero sense. There's nothing petty and immature about it. Please stop calling yourself a Christian while openly rejecting the fundamental foundations of the word of God.

MLMVSS likes this.
  16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Something tells me that she’s not a true Christian if she uses the sacrifice of Jesus as a scapegoat to do what is wrong rather than a process of regret and change as it was meant to be. But eh, God do that judgment in the end. Jesus saves but we need to not only accept Him but to also straighten out our intentions and the softness/hardness of our hearts, as that matters also.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Absolutely. I've been reading in Hebrews lately, and chapter 10 says "if we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left." It goes on to describe people who do that as "trampling the Son of God underfoot," "insulting the Spirit of Grace" and "treating as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them." It's a serious thing, and a huge insult to God. It's really unfortunate that she doesn't seem to want to listen to anybody who tries to tell her she is wrong, even when they do it kindly. I'm praying that this will be a wake up call for her, and she will actually listen to the word and to the people showing her what God says about all of this.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Yes, that’s called a presumption of God’s mercy. It’s pretty common attitude amongst Christian sects. Some argue it’s rooted in the “Once Saved, Always Saved” theology, but I digress.

Back on topic of the bachelor/bachelorette. I’ve never watched it for that long because it was such a train wreck. While I get that it can be entertainment, I don’t think it’s fitting entertainment since it makes, IMO, a mockery of courtship and the institution of marriage. I know, I know...total Buzz Killington.
    BC70FAD1-F0EE-4EFD-BD87-5128D2C1D8A5.jpeg

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  19. Well, it kind of depends on the contestants. There are several good Christian couples who have found their spouses on that show, and they are still together and in love and have kids now. If you have the right heart and attitude about it, it's not too much different than an arranged marriage.

MLMVSS likes this.
  20. I never bought a television my guy,best decision I ever made