1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst thing about being a vegan?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 12, 2019.

1. To me, it's dealing with difficult people. It's dealing with ignorant meat-eaters who try their best to justify eating rotten animal carcasses, eating a bird's period (eggs), and drinking breast milk past infancy, let alone from another fucking mammal!

I just had this argument with my dad earlier today about this topic which felt like hours. I felt so angry because all his arguments were either questionable at best, or sheer stupidity at worst. I tried my best to argue back, but I felt so speechless and powerless because of his words.

Now I'm not saying I don't love him because without him, I wouldn't even be here on planet Earth. I won't even exist without him. It's just that there are some qualities about him I really can't stand.

For example, I don't like the way he criticizes me over my lifestyle choices like NoFap and now, veganism. I just can't stand having these painfully long and pointless arguments with him just because of my lifestyle choices.

I just want to be left alone in peace because this is my lifestyle and I don't care what anyone thinks about my lifestyle. I am vegan and I'm proud!

As a vegan, I don't miss meat anymore; the idea of eating the rotten flesh of sentient, harmless beings that had an existence taken away by us just doesn't appeal to me anymore. As an animal lover, I don't want to harm sentient animals ever again unless it's a fucking mosquito.

I also won't miss dairy anymore because the idea of drinking titty milk from another mammal actually grosses me out. I don't get why people drink that shit anyways? It doesn't even taste that good and it's made for the fucking calf, not us humans.

Lastly, I'm not going to miss eggs because the thought of eating a bird's period deters me from eating another egg again. Plus, chickens have one hole called a cloaca which means the egg comes out of that same hole as it's bodily waste. Gross...

I'm not going in depth about why I became a vegan, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I became a vegan recently. I am going to be a vegan for life and I am not looking back. I am going to be a vegan not only for my mental, physical, and spiritual health, but also for the animals and the world around us.

So what's the worst thing about being a vegan? Is it eating out? Other people nagging about how you can't get enough protein from a vegan diet (even though it's super easy to get?) Other people waving bacon in front of your face? I would like to hear from the vegans in this forum.

-Captain Rex

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I hear you mate!

Show your dad an interview with Rich Roll, who at 39 decided to change his life for the better from eating junk food and meat to becoming Ultra Man on plants only and having a body and stamina at 51 that most at 30 only can dream of.

My arguments with others about veganism is not related in general to eating animals; I do not agree with eating animals either, that is not right. Humans only started eating meat 70.000 years ago, in a history of 2 million years (Homo erectus). The mistake done in general speech is that humans are ‘hunter gatherers’, but in reality we are more ‘gatherer hunters’. Humans see colour, cats don’t; that’s why humans eat strawberries and cats don’t. Their eyes are made to follow movement, human eyes are made to see ripe fruit (lipstick is generally red for exactly that reason). Humans hunted out of desperation, our intestines look like those of cows (loooooong), cats have short intestines. Humans are the only species that destroys the DNA of other species - we want the healthiest pig, cow etc; real carnivores on the other hand look for the weak and the sick, because they don’t want to spend energy hunting, and this way they weed inferior DNA and help spread the superior DNA of other species.

Anyhow, I do not agree with the term vegan/veganism either, because I can drink Coke and eat potato chips and I will call myself a vegan; but that’s not healthy, is it? All those vegan foods in the supermarket, highly processed and full of sugar are not healthy at all.

I spent last two years reading books and watching videos from the following:
    Neil Barnard
    John McDougal
    Michael Greger (brilliant book, How not to die)
    Milton Mills
    Colin Campbell
    Caldwell Esselstyn

I highly recommend looking at their work.

Good luck!

3. Surprisingly enough, refined sugar is not actually vegan. Why is that? Because even though sugar comes from the sugar cane or sugar beet, the processing of the sugar cane involves using the charred bones of a slaughtered animal to give the sugar it's bright white color. Disgusting right?

This is why as a vegan, it's better to buy sugar made from beets or sugar cane that is certified organic, because those are not processed using charred animal bones. Instead, the process involves extracting the sap, boiling it down until it crystallizes, and then spinning it using a centrifuge until all the molasses.

There are also alternatives to the sweet stuff like honey (not vegan-friendly), maple syrup, coconut sugar, date syrup/sugar, etc.

Animal products are everywhere in this society. They can be surprisingly hidden not only in food, but in pharmaceuticals. For example, gummy bears, a childhood favorite of mine, contain gelatin, and that shit is derived from the skin and bones of slaughtered animals. Disgusting...

Thankfully, there are vegan alternatives to candy like gummy bears nowadays made using agar instead of gelatin. Of course, that doesn't mean vegan candy is healthy but it's more ethical at least.

In conclusion, there are so many surprising foods that are not actually vegan like refined sugar, which is processed by bone char. Most candies like gummy bears are also surprisingly not vegan, because they contain gelatin, another animal-derived ingredient. It's better to avoid those items because there are vegan alternatives nowadays.

Best of luck!