1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Climb

Overcoming your personal Everest.

1. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

What a Miley Cyrus song am I right? It's a tune. Anyhoo, I was on the site at the beginning of 2018, did about 50ish days of PMO abstaining, felt super then lapsed very slowly into bad habits again. I noticed this slippery slope going from 'yeah this is okay' to 'oh yeah here we go again' recently and I just want to be done with being hooked and not controlling the urges so I've come back and setting out my stall today that this will be it, no more silliness now. See you at the summit!

stoneyman22 likes this.
  2. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

Hit the end of week 1 and I'm feeling good. I'm feeling the urge to get out and run, especially now the weather is getting nice. Last time running really helped with wearing me out and giving me an alternate dopamine source.

3. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

Push on Zammy! together we shall climb indefinitely higher.

4. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

Today is 3 full weeks! My gosh the urges are unrelenting but I'm getting there. Its only when I have days off work, I'm not with my partner and I'm on my own at home that its really bad but we doing it one day at a time. How are you finding it?

stoneyman22 likes this.
  5. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I'm getting increasing strong urges and desires. Having vivid dreams of beautiful women hanging out with me and seeing more and more beauty in the girls I see pass by on the streets. Chicks seem to notice me more too and I get alot of smiles, the desires are definitely building up yet I'm happy to say the progress is also noticeably increasing too. I'm more energetic and confident, able to socialize more readily and I don't feel so quiet or isolated anymore and only on day 7 today.

Zammy95 likes this.
  6. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

Super, glad to hear it, though don't be staring too long haha!

stoneyman22 likes this.
  7. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

It's difficult at times lol they are literally like magnets to my eyeballs.. I know though it's just part of the recovery and I'm not trying to creep anyone out. Just observing my surroundings ya know. (;

8. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

haha yeah I guess. I've found this time that whilst I get stronger urges for visual stimulants and P that my sex drive feels lower than it did the last time I managed to have a good streak of P abstaining. I'm sure it'll come back soon though

stoneyman22 likes this.