1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 DAYS NO MUSIC CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you listen to music

1. All the time

50 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Often

40 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. Sometimes

11 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Very rarely

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. hay6tAYA

hay6tAYA Fapstronaut

Today, I have problems with this challenge. TV won today but I'm starting again. This last days were so interesting, I've been focused on my goals.

Future role model likes this.
  2. It's my day 3. Feeling great.

3. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I failed on this I wanna try again and I failed on nofap too but I didn't binge yet :/

4. Just don't give up mate, try again!

My day 5 atm, not tempted at all.

5. I'm on my 30th day so tomorrow I've finished off a month without listening to music voluntarily. I say voluntarily because music is everywhere where you go whether It's in the bus, grocery store etc.. So you can't really avoid it but rather ignore it.

6. To be quite honest it hasn't. That's because music isn't important part of my life to begin with. Having said that I've stopped listening to music when going out for like 3 years (excluding the radio of my parents car). I stopped because I felt like I wasn't present. Also because I was using my phones headphones when listening to music I had to have the volume quite loud in order to hear anything. This is of course in crowded places and public transport for example.

So my reason for not listening to music when going out was quite simple back then; to be present in the moment. As for these 30 days the only thing changed is that I could hear the engine of the car when I drive and also could hear the sound when shifting the gear. It was really satisfying and for some reason made me really happy.

What comes to time at home I've been quite busy with uni stuff and I can't concentrate if I have something on the background. As for the freetime at home I usually rest or just enjoy the silence and read stuff.

Gmork likes this.
  7. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I want to try again :), so no music day 0

8. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I failed, Imma try again, but this time I do no lycrics, just some chill back ground music, I will take this one step at a time

9. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

10. Okay guys I'm back after a long break from this community. Today is my day 0

11. Last few days I've been listening to music like crazy, wasted so much time. I'm starting again, day 0.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  12. Checking in, today is day 2. I had some urges yesterday, Trap Nation uploaded a new song, but I managed to resist.

13. Today is my day 2 again. Forgot to check in yesterday, I had some temptations to listen to Pentatonix, but I resisted.

14. Starting this challenge tomorrow again.

15. Okay I'm back, really need this challenge, day 1 today. I somehow managed not to binge on music this morning.

16. bluedragon9

bluedragon9 Fapstronaut

I thought I was the only one who's addicted to music, glad to see I'm not alone, I can spend like whole day laying on the bed listening to my favourite bands like Linkin Park, Pink Floyd etc and my final exams are coming so I'm joining you. Let's say 7 days no music (only at workout/jog).

17. Today I relapsed so I also gave up on this challenge. After abstaining for only 1 day I have noticed that music became much more pleasurable, and I was focused more while listening to it, hearing something I wasn't able to hear before. Tomorrow I'm starting again.

@bluedragon9 Welcome to challenge and good luck!

bluedragon9 likes this.
  18. bluedragon9

bluedragon9 Fapstronaut

day 2 without music, I am going with easy mode, Listening to music during the workout and while coming back from college. Exams are near so can't just lay on bed and waste time listening to music.