1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep paralysis is so annoying

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I had an episode yesterday where I was laying down on the bed and woke up with a knife in my hand. I tried my best to take it off and scream but I was paralyzed.. it was so vivid too. This isn’t the first time I’ve had dreams like this and it’s super frustrating. I slept on my back last night so I think that played a huge role. Does anyone else experience sleep paralysis? How did you get over it?

2. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I have so many experiences with it that They no longer bother me.

I mainly don’t see anything , I’d just feel the pressure on my chest and arms and the feeling of the paralysis.

However, I’ve had some vivid ones too. One being a man with a green face.

Every time I had them, I’d be sleeping on my back (sometimes with my arms crossed above my head) and I’d feel most of the pressure on my arms and head. It’s my most comfortable position so that may be why I experience it regularly.

So I believe sleeping on your back does contribute to it.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  3. I had my shares of sleep paralysis but mine weren't scary ones, I had a lot of reading (my friend had them) so when it happen for the first time I kept my cool.

4. Ugh, yes, I've had many of these experiences, all terrifying. I'm not sure what triggers them though, or how to stop them.

5. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Oh wow that is really creepy. I have suffered of that for years, almost since i become PMO addict caused by stress. The only thing i found myself causes those silly sleep paralysis is the stress you have to do something but at the same time you are really tired. So the half of your brain wants to wake up and the other wants to keep sleeping, the part the keeps sleeping is the one that paralyse your body while you dream so you don't hurt yourself on your dreams and the other part is trying to get up or wake going against the sleepy feeling. The other thing is sleep by your back, I love to sleep like that but that causes me those creepy dreams. I don't take naps if i am very tired and I have work to do, that causes me those dreams. One thing i have done is try to relax and dont worry so much for stuff, that causes stress and sleep paralysis consequently...idk if is the same all cases the same for everybody has this type of dreams but that was what worked for me and now I dont have much, like 1 in a month (just I don't stop using to it ...lol) but before I used to have two or three every day, every other day :eek: creepy, isn't it!?

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Where did the knife come from @Lazarus Shuttlesworth? o_O Had you been sleepwalking and picked it up in the kitchen? :eek:

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. lovingchrist

lovingchrist New Fapstronaut

8. lovingchrist

lovingchrist New Fapstronaut

Yeah I have them as well. For me they happen when I change my sleep pattern. So if I do an all nighter and then the next night go to bed on time I better be prepared for it because it’s coming. I’ve learned to breathe through them and not fight to awake. It takes lots of practice but it usually goes away once you just relax. I call them brain spasms Lol!

9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    for me just sticking to long nofap streaks and they disappeared, they were so bad i seeked a spiritualist about it, she said theres something wrong im doing in the physical that the spiritual realm haunts me, when it happens im paralyzed and a gargoyle looking thing sits on my chest grinning at me, i cant breath or shake it off once i did an i was just in my room i shook him off he ran into the dark corner an disappeared, one thing i did was buy crystals i placed them near my bed, but spirits attach themselves to such things i threw out all my crystal type things, i trashed them i didnt give them to anyone that would be bad omen,

10. Oops, found it scary too.

11. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Sleep paralysis is the most terrifying thing that I've ever experienced. It commonly occurs in times of extreme stress or sleep depravation, and while sleeping on the back. The best thing to do is train yourself to change the paralysis episode into a lucid dream. You need to understand the signs of sleep paralysis so you are aware when you are in an episode. From there, you may be able to wake yourself up easier. Try to control you breathing and breathe deeply and quickly to help wake yourself up. Or try focusing all your energy on moving a finger or on trying to speak. Usually a slight finger twitch or a grunt is enough to wake up. Also, when you're up, don't just fall back asleep right away no matter how tired you are - try to stay awake for a few minutes or the episode may continue. Good luck! Sleep paralysis is no joke.

12. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    nightmare on ele street ,freddy crougar, thats based on sleep paralysis

13. Fausterity

Fausterity Fapstronaut

Just be happy that you didn't feel a terrifying evil presence in your room like i did. Easily the most terrifying thing i've ever felt.

14. Saturos

Saturos Fapstronaut

Been taking phenibut for a few months and that stuff triggers sleep parlysis. It's intense. I like to sleep on my sides to counteract it.

15. I had the evil presence one time as well. It's beyond uncomfortable since your brain is absolutely convinced something is in the room with you and you can precisely sense 'its' location.
    There's a good but frightening documentary out there on this subject called The Nightmare.

16. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i watched youtube videos on other peoples experiences with it and it only freaked me out even more,

17. I've been purposely trying to induce them for years to no avail, I've only ever had it five times in me entire life accidently upon waking up.

18. No I meant the knife was stabbed inside my hand. I woke up thinking that. I later realized it was just another episode of SP. but it was vivid af

{Ananta} likes this.
  19. That’s interesting that you’ve been purposely trying to induce them. I didn’t even know that was possible lol

But I’m looking into astral projection

20. As am I. The easiest way to astral project from what I've read extensively is to first reach sleep paralysis, as your brain believes you're asleep and you can try a bunch of methods to pop out of your body.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth and boichy like this.