1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you date yourself?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Issah, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

Literally laughed out loud at your comments. Being ghosted, bailing out last minute and friend zoning, hopefully this is not how your love life currently looks like.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  2. Nah Haha this was good.

And btw our dads are alike. I have found that my dad has become (like your dad) mostly because my mom doesn’t listen to him.

I coach kids as hobby, and I find the same thing happens to kids, if they feel nobody listens to them , then they become aggressive talkers or they become super quiet and never share.

I think your dad needs someone who will listen to him. You may not be the best candidate , but my dad started journaling to all of his kids about his life. And I started to really enjoy his “adventures” what happened why he thought the way he did, and I’d feel much better not being held hostage.

Just an idea bro. Great post though.

I know for a fact I’d date myself. IF I were taller.

Bombadil and Issah like this.
  3. Well, I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic and very paranoid, so I often see harm that isn't really there. I'm receiving help for it.

4. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

It's possible that these may be based on real life experience...

Just a *little* bit :oops:

5. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

I'm glad you're receiving help all the best on your journey. We are all going through issues, some worse than others. But no ones ever alone in struggling. All the best.

6. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

Haha join the club, the spread of the friendzone is an international pandemic.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  7. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

So discussing personality flaws isnt something that easily comes up in conversations, and since I really want to work on being more self aware, having a space where such and ways to improve can be discussed appeals to me, and will also help in how we connect with people in the real world.

So I have a problem, hopefully someone will read deep enough into this thread to see it lol. But here goes.

I can be petty some times and I Do Not Like It. A person will do/say something and itll turn me off them so quick.

And I dont want to be someone who gets irratated easily. Growing up I'd get over things and was so carefree, so this is against my natural nature.

But how does one control the petty? Hopefully a reformed petty person will help share what helped them chill. My petty isnt too bad, but the compound effect of thoughts and responses can change someone into someone completely different with time.

I just dont want to be affected excessively by what other people choose to do/say thats all.

8. guessthename

guessthename Fapstronaut

I love your post man <3
    Taking responsibility is one of the habits of most successful people in the world.

Issah likes this.
  9. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

:) thank you. That's what I'm working towards. Being successful in my own eyes. All the best with your journey @guessthename

guessthename likes this.
  10. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

That will be so gay like can u date your twin brother? Will enter the date game after 87days 2hours 34 mins 4 sec .06 millsecs