1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

hope

Overcoming your personal Everest.

1. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

I have decided to climb the Everest, one day at a time starting from now. I PMO once every 2 days and probably can not do more frequently without catching a fever.

I hope I am not too late.

I will nail it this time.

I have to.

I recently started using the treadmill, bought myself a running shoe and ran 30 minutes every 3 days. My PMO rate went down to once every 3 days but then I am preparing for interview now and stopped exercising altogether. My brain is foggy and gets bogged down easily.

Resting helps but without frequent rests like every 3 hours i am not thinking as well as i would like to. This is not possible in my job.

I have been addicted to PMO for the last 20 years and I think it's this habit that has reduced my memory capacity to the point that i am relying on analytical skills more than memory to do my job. It works but doesn't help in moving up in career.

I wanted to write something but I forgot. Days are not easy and goes by in a tiring fashion. I would like to be more energetic and hope that nofap will get me there. I am also going to eat and sleep on time. Change my life completely. 180 degrees around.

Wish me luck.

stoneyman22, ssha6451 and Zammy95 like this.
  2. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

I've just come back to the site and I'm also undertaking the climb, together we can do it!

366pafon likes this.
  3. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

All the best. I have started watching motivation videos in youtube whenever stress starts to build up. Walking also seems to help. I will keep updating my progress. You can do so too here in this thread.

Zammy95 likes this.
  4. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

How have you found the last couple of days?

5. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

Difficult. Since I decided consciously to not PMO, it looks more enticing. I have almost given up a couple of times only to be saved by a motivational video. Once my mind is not thinking about PMO, the interest in it goes way down. I might end up becoming dependent on motivational videos which is also not a good thing. I have also started enjoying music more, really feeling the energy instead of actively ignoring its energy. This takes my mind off stress too. If not for this, i would automatically fall towards PMO. How is your 5 days going? Do you find it easy?

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

That's good that you're enjoying the music more. Nothing wrong with motivation videos, soon you'll be your own motivation. So far its been alright yeah, I think where I managed to get to around 60-70 days last time, I'm finding it easier because I just remember how much I was living my best life at that point so I'm working towards that great feeling again. I've had the odd urge here and there but taking a moment and thinking 'no come on, you know its not worth it' has really settled me down.

stoneyman22 and 366pafon like this.
  7. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

4 days is the longest i have gone without PMO for many years. It felt like impossible before I started nofap. I do feel agitated and my health has gone down a bit. I hope if I keep this up I will eventually recover and even get more healthier.
    Logical reasoning was ineffective to me when it comes to PMO. Everything I do is logical yet my addiction to PMO is not.
    I am glad it works well for you, it just shows you are more mature in your thinking. Keep up the good work towards your 70 days goal and beyond. You can do it.

Zammy95 likes this.
  8. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

and you can do it too! The fact you've gone 4 days which is your longest speaks volume to your strength and your willingness to recover. You've hit it on the head with the irrational thing, all addictions are irrational, you just get into a rhythm that's difficult to get out of. But you're doing it, you're doing that with every minute and hour that you're not PMOing and you should be proud! I'm proud haha!!

366pafon likes this.
  9. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

Thanks Zammy. 6 days.
    Fear and uncertainty are ruling me. I feel like I am absorbing other people's weaknesses or maybe they are my own, without a concrete way to relieve stress. PMO was a great stress buster except it was messing up my memory. Maybe I should do some exercise.

10. 366pafon

366pafon Fapstronaut

I should list some stress builders here so I can focus on avoiding them.
    distractions
    stressful conversations
    number of decisions/day

11. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

Yes that's a good idea. I find that when I'm feeling particularly anxious about something, being aware that this thing is a thing that makes me anxious calms me, reminds me that I've survived this anxious thing before and can do it again. It doesn't stop it being hard at the time but each step you take makes you a little more capable. Try the exercise, try something new really, find a new thing to do and run that alongside your PMO challenge. I've been learning Spanish since February and my motivation for my sessions is double at the mo while I'm not PMOing because I'm super proud of myself for trying to be a better person.

12. Zammy95

Zammy95 Fapstronaut

Hope you're still hanging on! You can do it