1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Suggestions on How to Spend My Time?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rob13_, Apr 22, 2019.

1. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

So recently I quit PMO; that's why I'm here. I've also quit every other time-wasting habit; video games, Reddit, youtube, etc. Trust me, I had an actual problem with these; I needed to quit.

Now I have a dilemma where I'm bored and want to do these things but can't. I need to fill the void left here, otherwise I'll end up falling down again.

I've already gotten a job, which takes up a lot of that time. But for the rest of it, what should I spend my time on?

Thirdendeavor likes this.
  2. Try meditating it will give you some clarity and take away some of your compulsory desires and help you mold your self into your best self .

rob13_ likes this.
  3. Thirdendeavor

Thirdendeavor Fapstronaut

Quitting a bad habit, from what I have learned, is less about cutting things out. It is more about starting better habits. I would recommend that you find something creative, social, or exercise oriented to fill this new found time.

To be frank it is difficult to find time for PMO when you are busy!

rob13_ likes this.
  4. Find something that's challenging, that will take some time, maybe months or years to become good at. Like martial arts, or playing an instrument, or writing stories, or solving hard crossword puzzles, or studying astronomy, or learning a new language, whatever. The point is it should be something you find interesting, and is complex enough that it will take a concerted effort over a somewhat long period of time. A good chunky project like that, or two, will help fill those holes left behind by the P.

rob13_ and GigglingTrout like this.
  5. Start learning coding. Actually it is a perfect time to learn flutter since it is new and in a few years the people who know it will be valuable financial-wise. If interested research it and I can guide and help you through it send me a message.

Deleted Account and rob13_ like this.
  6. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Reading, perhaps?
    Pick a topic that you've always been interested in learning about. Politics, religion, economics, a new language, etc
    Turn it into a personal project, and dedicate yourself to learning something new about the world

rob13_ likes this.
  7. GigglingTrout

Exercise is a good option too. Sign up for a gym, and start attending classes. Or just work out on your own time

rob13_ likes this.
  8. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

Meditation is great, I agree. I used to be able to do it for like 15 min at a time, but fell off when I went through the low point in my life. I'm trying to implement back in now in the morning and at night.

You right, Probably gonna focus on exercise next cuz I heard it'll help with being social and creative.

I did used to slove Suduko puzzles when I was younger. Maybe I should get back into those huh. Heard they were good for the brain as well

9. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

I just might have to take you up on that. I'll have to research this flutter thing later. Is it a new branch of coding like Java or something?

Yep these are things I should be reading about, it's just hard.for me to sit down and read informational books like that for an extended period of time.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  10. GigglingTrout

Haha. No worries, man. I understand.

Maybe the more you try it, the easier it will become~

rob13_ likes this.