1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So sick of being stared at

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Drop of Jupiter, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Drop of Jupiter

Drop of Jupiter New Fapstronaut

Hi there,
    I'm 36 and I have a problem in my life:
    Because of my short stature (1.35) I'm being looked at/stared at a lot, I find it very nosy and irritating. People in the country where I come from have no manners and no sensitivity what so ever.
    I understand that Because I won't be able to change them, the solution to dealing with it has to come from within me, whe only question is: how? how to deal with it better?
    any suggestions?

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Ignoring it, at least that is what I do.

CH3RRY likes this.
  3. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You can be at peace with yourself, but these people doing this is a sign that they aren't really there. When someone stares at you, it speaks more about them than yourself. You don't need to even think about some randoms who have nothing to do with you. It's their choice if they want to act like that, you don't have to respond to that in any way.

ReachForTheSkies likes this.
  4. I reckon if I was the white guy in a totally non-white country, I would get stared at. At least you are not 2.35...
    You can't change either your stature or others' reactions, but do remember that you may not notice the people that don't stare.

5. Rairah90

Rairah90 Fapstronaut

It is not about what they do to you, it is about how you react to it. Because they will never stop what they do, your response should be the one that gives you a sense of peace. The choice is yours!

6. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Were are u from? I have a friend who is also female and short and she says shes always getting looked at no matter what she has on. Women have it bad when it comes to unwanted attention though, especially if your out in public. Personally me as a male, i don't like it when i get stared at for long periods of time, i get angry like why are u staring at me out of all the people u can look at? It can be both genders, ugly or cute. I still get mad. It makes me feel like i don't belong. My best advice is to strengthen your self confidence, be proud of what god gave you. Alot of people are unhappy with their bodies due to ridiculous beauty standards in tv and magazines. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  7. Drop of Jupiter

Drop of Jupiter New Fapstronaut

Well, I'm from Israel. thanks for all your responds people!

8. @Drop of Jupiter I'll tell you what I do, although the script is flipped but the same concept applies. I'm 6'7" so I'm taller than 99.9% of people I've met. I get stared at all the time bc I'm on the borderline of "super tall" & "freakishly tall."

The best (and only) thing to do is either: ignore it or accept & rock it. That's all there is to it really. Kinda sucks though. Especially if you have.... mental deficiencies

legendsneverdie likes this.