1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Slasher horror plus something else.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I have always found unsettling the fact that anyone could be out there with the sole purpose of hurting you, therefore I find slasher films very scary. In combination with this, what other genre do you think could go along this?

2. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

Horror movies is actually difficult to make good because the idea of realism are very far in today's slasher movies..
    Only jumps scares..

3. nef

nef Fapstronaut

Romantic movies the scariest movies

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is an indie game called Night Shift about working in a gas station at night. It is not a movie but being alone in a place where anyone could enter at any time is an unsettling thought.

Yes, there are no humans in them, just androids.

nef likes this.
  5. Psychological thrillers.

Or if you're scared by realistic things, you might be interested in disaster films, such as Poseidon or Deepwater Horizon.

6. The movie "Before I Go to Sleep" might interest you. It's hard to say much without spoiling things, but it's a really good psychological thriller about a woman with severe memory loss. It might appeal to the whole "people being out to get you" thing.

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I appreciate all the responses but what I wanted to know is what other genre would you combine with the slasher genre to make it interesting. To me the best slashers are the ones where the antagonist is a normal human being like Halloween or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The original ones), but there is Alien that combines sci-fi with slasher-like elements. There is also Jason X but it is better left forgotten.

As a fanatic of the sci-fi genre, I would find interesting a combination of slasher with cyberpunk.

8. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

If you want to hear horror stories a trip to monastery and you can hear what the monks and priest will they you.

9. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

btw texas chain massacre is very good movie.