1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is fantasising a sin

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    dont torture yourself to much ,sin is just a word to identify something, god nor jesus wrote the bible just a regular man wrote it an we men are famous for mistakes an curving something into the form as we want it , we are a bundance of energy ,being aroused is another form of constructive energy, just dont waste it with P or M use it in create arts or at work or school, adam an eve were naked in the garden of eden im sure adam didnt walk around the garden with his hands over his eyes

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes....to some extent fantasising is natural
    But still it's better to avoid it

3. It just doesn't help. My memories and then fantasies are connected, and I simply try to do something else.
    Professional sports people use visualisation to make their performance better, so maybe we can resist the unhelpful fantasies but allow positive ones? As long as we work to make them real.

u376 likes this.
  4. Nice. I like it.

5. It depends. You have full control over what you think. I cannot create your destiny for you. You have all the power mate. As for what I believe in regards to what you said.... It bothers me totally that I fantasize about people who don't know about it. However, my thinking is just learned thinking from all the people around me. I grew in speech unlike animals who just grow and do there things with nature. Nah, humans are different. We learn our language barriers and become one with the society of high beings on planet earth. Of course that last statement was a joke but wow I'm pretty high right now so I think i'll take a break from this site now lol.... Funny but it really makes sense lol. I mean dude.... you could get every single human and have them sit down around the earth and not one would think fully the same. We're all different. Thus, we think just because people in power tell us how to act and what to say and think, we think the more people who believe in this one thing must make it true.

Ahh but what ever! Just do what you feel is best man.

u376 likes this.
  6. Who gives another human a right to tell us what is the way to live? NOt one single human will ever know fully what it is because its already what it is. It's right here. Live or die. That simple.

7. The second half of what you've said is much better than the first. When you fantasize about other people, you're treating them like things, as means to an end. The end in this case being your personal pleasure. It is never acceptable to treat people as things, as means to get what you want. People are always ends in themselves, whether they attract us or repel us, and ought to be respected as such. Love your neighbour as yourself.

It's very good that you feel that it's wrong to have such thoughts. Go with that.

8. If you're uninterested in learning from others how to live, why are you here?

brilliantidiot likes this.
  9. Sin é go hiontach. Just great. Thanks.

10. I make my own destiny.

11. My point seems to have eluded you. Why then are you here?

brilliantidiot likes this.
  12. Study biology. It should answer your question.

13. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

When you have these thoughts you can go to confession. It will help.

u376 likes this.
  14. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I don't think fantasizing about someone is objectifying them. Read Song of Solomon.

15. Things are a bit different in the context of a loving marital relationship.

16. Whhaaaaat that's wild. It's only that of you have a husband/wife though, right? Like if you're single, it wouldn't be adultery. Or can't is the better usuage of term actually

17. Here's a high thought I'll throw at ya:

So I always thought that it wasn't a sin bc it's not in the commandments. If this is filed as Adultery, then by definition there would have to be a married couple involved. So I can see that if a couple is married, and let's get sexist here, the guy checks out a woman walking down the road bc she looked really good. I guess the italics is unnecessary. But if that happens, I can see how religiously that would be the same as Adultery. I say religiously bc adultery involved actual sexual acts and legally and ethically (imo), that wouldn't be a sexual act. Unless legally at least, if the husband starting exposing/touching himself to her eyes.

Anyways.. Does God believe in one, true love? That there's only one person out there for you, nobody else. Not to say you can't marry or do whatever w somebody that isn't your true love.

I dont personally believe in that, I did when I was a child. But if God and the authors of the bible believe this, then if you're single, it would be a sin & adultery (even tho you're single) you look at somebody lustfully. Butt of the same guy happens to look at a single girl that out of the whatever millions of people on this earth, is her one true love, then it wouldn't be a sin. Rather, encouraged

18. I'm not aware of any distinguishing between married and unmarried people. Lust is bad, regardless of your marital status.

u376 likes this.
  19. I was distinguishing married and unmarried people in terms of adultery, not lust.

20. Do you understand that there is a difference between looking at someone lustfully, and being interested in them? There's no reason a single person shouldn't be expected to not lust, any more than a married person.

u376 likes this.