1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving Nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Hey guys Im gonna be leaving nofap, I just dont find it as suportive or helpful as I had hoped. I also had a on a few accasions when someone messaged me Id say I was catholic or theyd find out in a post and theyd stop talking to me, good bye

llortaton likes this.
  2. Theamos

Theamos Fapstronaut

Why would they not talk to you because you were catholic

llortaton and Deleted Account like this.
  3. no idea but as soon as I said it they never messaged me again

llortaton and vxlccm like this.
  4. Hey, maybe you are online when most folks aren’t? I have been here 5 days and already have multiple acct partners but I think I am trying to be helpful more than I am trying to get help.

Cheers

vxlccm, forellie0406 and PowerfulSRE like this.
  5. maybe people just dont like taking to me because I have no people skils? I never had any friends ever

llortaton and vxlccm like this.
  6. Im going to stay for a few weeks then dicide, someone changed my mind

Deleted Account, llortaton and vxlccm like this.
  7. Rairah90

Rairah90 Fapstronaut

John please do not squander this opportunity to make a change and put an end to your unwanted sexual behaviours. There is no other time, now is the time

llortaton, vxlccm, u376 and 4 others like this.
  8. thank you, Im going to be staying, I gues Im just depressed that its taking so long to kick this adiction

Deleted Account and vxlccm like this.
  9. MarcoM

MarcoM Fapstronaut

Hey john1780! Don't give up this Forum, if there are people who aren't good, simply, don't listen them! Just think about your wellbeing and get only the best. I'm here from 5 days and i found a lot of tips and tricks that i never thought somewhere else! Stay strong;)

19conquer likes this.
  10. John,

I suggest you get an AP; it would make it more personal; in the end we all want companionship, friendship, something that's real, not temporal, fake, or quid pro quo... that's what we ought strive for.
    Try to help others by relating what has failed for you. i don't think online forums employ many people skills by the way; it's all electronic so no body lang, visual cues, or even distractions from height, skin color, accent.

You got this man. Depression is real, but it is also restricted to being in your mind. You can reset the mind; there is more to it.

vxlccm, Femi, EthanW. and 1 other person like this.
  11. i suggest you make frequent status updates about stuff like what day youre on or encouraging quotes..to gain support and friendship :+)
    and visit some profiles and give support too..
    you'll be fine that way i'm sure you will make a friend possibly even 2

12. I posted here a week ago to say I don't believe all the success stories and gonna quit. Then I realised I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I have no friends and no streak and no life.

Deleted Account and need4realchg like this.
  13. thank you all for your support, I have foun a Ap and am making new friends

14. Yeah I'm gonna tell you, my wife would nag me for years saying I needed to stop having all these female friends, and honestly, I have always had male and female but majority female. And when I got married I thought, time to ditch all my female friends to give in to this fear about jealously. I never replaced them, and once I started traveling for work, i lost touch with most of the ones that were
    When we have no friends, it's impossible to be held accountable. Make a friend, improve your margin of error on improving your life.

vxlccm and Deleted Account like this.
  15. Please dont leave the site, we are a very supportive community

Deleted Account and Femi like this.
  16. Things aren't always going to go the way you want them to, but try to see the bigger picture.
    It seems you are 14, so it is fantastic that you want to make positive changes.
    Hopefully you don't care if I am an atheist, or that others may be of another (or no) religion. This place is for dealing with a specific thing, pretty much.
    I tend to avoid PMs. Keep your aim clear, and worry not about any negatives that may hit you.

vxlccm and Bombadil like this.
  17. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Also, there are are a few people on here who have some pretty serious interpersonal issues. Either, really angry, lost, or just wrong 'uns... Don't be afraid to set your account to ignore the worst offenders.

vxlccm, Deleted Account and SirErnest like this.
  18. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

Tbh the same thing happens to me, people don't always reply, especially if they don't see you in real life, that's life imo. As for the forums, I use it to vent or get a second opinion, but I don't expect a lot of PMs or convos since I don't go on here much, and most people i'm guessing only go on this site once in a while.