1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bloom22, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

hii, can someone please give me some advices about meditation, I have never do it and I just want to know something about

888Konichiva888 likes this.
  2. Sunny321

Sunny321 Fapstronaut

meditation is a very important thing, I would like to learn it

Bloom22 and FX-05 like this.
  3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

I try to have an entirely clear and focused mind after I have connected myself spiritually. I generally root myself to the earth, create a protective auora around myself. Then I find my senses and slowly let go of them to become spiritually connected. I try to have no thoughts for twenty minutes. When I was more spiritually connected it was an amazing experience, I am going to try to get back to daily mediation to help the connectivity of life once again.

Thats generaly what I do, If you need more help I can help you further. I have not been very good about it, and would like to try to start meditating daily. I will probably only succesfully get a couple of minutes the first few times i try, until I get back into the flow.

Bloom22 likes this.
  4. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

5. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

I think is a very good way to meditate, I will try it and share my experience, hope you can going on with your spiritual connection:)

12ove likes this.
  6. Js5

Js5 Fapstronaut

Alright, this is something I have picked up over the past ten years or so. It started when I was dealing with a lot of college stress and I just kept the habit going or at least had it in the back of my mind as an option.

As a beginner, I suggest starting with both guided meditations and small 2 to 3 minute meditations with no noise (set your timer on phone or similar). There are so many free guided meditations around on YouTube, Spotify and probably other places. The Honest Guys is a channel on YouTube that helped me at first. They do a lot of visualization and relaxation techniques.

For the small two minute meditations on your own, just focus on your breath. You will fight it and your mind WILL say “this is boring and pointless” but keep with it and gently give your attention back to your breath for only 2 minutes at first. Do this for weeks or months then add time on gradually. Whatever you are comfortable with.

I am up to between 10 and 30 minutes of meditation per day and it does help - not just with NoFap but with any anxiety, worry or whatever has you in the corner. The biggest obstacle is just deciding to do it and not letting yourself become distracted with tv, phone, computer, etc.

12ove, chiyu and Bloom22 like this.
  7. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

Thank you so much, I will try this, think is a very good way :)

Js5 likes this.
  8. worldtraveler2

worldtraveler2 Fapstronaut

It is simpler than you think. start reading or listening to podcast, like 10% happier on spotify, then, commit sometime of your day to do it, start in small seatings, like 10-15mins a day for 1 month for example. It is helping me a lot ! I do 30mins per day in the morning before breakfeast. Also, I am trying to practice the mindfullness, to me is being an important tool to control myself and my anxiety. good luck

Bloom22 likes this.
  9. Magic Mikee

Magic Mikee Fapstronaut

If you want to meditate start with just sitting down and letting go. Theres alot of mumbo jumbo about meditation but the key is to let go of control of your thinking. Let ur mind do whatever the fuck it wants to do and just watch it all happen like your watching a movie. @Bloom22
    There are ohter types of meditation ive tried them all. I love this one because its simple and its how you become detached from your monkey mind. The more you whatch the monkey run around the jungle without trying to control it is when it wll naturally start to chill out in the treees.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Bloom22 likes this.
  10. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

Thanks for all the advices guys, I will try all the ways and see which one is better for me :)

11. The key to meditation is understanding the concept of "mindfulness". There are various definitions of this, but the one I like the best is: "Awareness of and acceptance of the present moment without any expectations or judgements." So basically, during meditation, you gently focus on one thing (it can be your breathing, or a word, or a picture, or rain sounds, etc. - there are lots of examples), and while doing this you practice experiencing that state of mindfulness. This is just my informal way of trying to explain it, there are many books and such that go into more detail, but utlimately it's a pretty simple idea, you just have to do it regularly to get the most benefit.

12. Harry_Hicks

Harry_Hicks New Fapstronaut

I used to be a little skeptical about this activity, but now I’ve started to do more seriously this process. Replaced the interior, changed the mastras to quality. And the general condition of the body has improved a lot, the state of health is excellent, a surge of strength.

13. Reborn_

Reborn_ Fapstronaut

There is a lot of crazy fancy stuff out there about meditation, but it's as simple as sitting down, closing your eyes, and focusing on breathing in and breathing out. Keep telling yourself "Just one more breath."

14. worldtraveler2

worldtraveler2 Fapstronaut

As I have said before, this is the first time that I am able to hold without PMO for more than a month and I believe that meditation is being crucial in this proccess. Seat, close your eyes and pay close attetion on your breathing, dont stick to your thoughts, let it go.