1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going alone to the cinema? whats your opinion?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Imnatty7

Imnatty7 Fapstronaut

don't waste your life worrying. Just think that everyone in the cinema, rich or poor, old or young, with friends or their family will be dead too at one point, and that makes you equal so just don't think about it you're just another human doing what you like and you shouldn't listen to that voice trying to shame you for what you like

alfianlight likes this.
  2. What if you were in the theater with a few friends and someone walked in alone and sat in front of you, would you even give it a second thought?

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I go lots of places by myself: to the movies, to restaurants, to concerts and shows, and on vacations. Don't get me wrong: I have lots of friends and I enjoy being with them, too. But my work involves lots and lots of contact with other people, which I enjoy; but as a result, I really like having some time just for myself, too. Also, when you plan an activity with friends, things can get complicated; whereas when I go by myself, I have more freedom. So it's a matter of trade offs.

When I was younger, I did feel more awkward, and I missed out on things solely because of that. Now I figure if someone thinks it's odd that I do a lot of things by myself, that's that person's problem. I pay my way, I am a good tipper, so who is going to give me a hard time? Enjoy life!

4. Usually I think those people might be film critics. The only time I ever think twice about it is if it's like an older man in a kids film or a romance. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just uncommon to see.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Well waiting for blu ray is terrible because in that point is internet full of spoilers and its almost impossible to avoided with youtube thumbnails.Also movies like Interstellar and others are meant to be watch on cinema, watching this at home dosent have the same vibe for me.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yes exactly. I manage to hook up sometimes this way. Also you save a lot of face in the event you get rejected because no friends around to witness it. i see going out alone as an opportunity, but insecure people can't stand on their own and are uncomfortable in their own skin without validation from others.

7. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    It's totally cool.

I see a lot of people going alone to see a movie here.

Even very pretty girls. ;)

alfianlight and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Really ? sounds good

vibemaker likes this.
  9. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yes ;)

Lot of beautiful girls are somehow "weird" in their own way. That's the beauty.

10. I watch movies by myself all the time. The only time it got weird was when a couple sitting in front of me started making out. I actually left the cinema hall due to feeling embarrassed.

Avoid romantic movies and you are good to go

alfianlight and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Not yet, waiting for Avengers.

alfianlight and Coffee Candy like this.
  12. what day are you going lol

13. 2. May :D

Coffee Candy likes this.
  14. I go to movies alone all the time and i don't feel weird about it at all. Also ive seen plenty of other people doing it too, i've never even thought about it being weird at all until you said something. I think its fine.

Deleted Account, alfianlight and u376 like this.
  15. As much as I would like to take credit for this, I didn't think of it on my own.

16. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

like it better to be honest! going on week days especially..

17. So I went to watch a movie today by myself. And a really weird thing happened to me. A guy tried to touch me!

He was also alone, and for some reason got his seat right next to me. What are the chances!

Weird guy started by rubbing his finger on my hands, followed by pressing my palm. I told him at that point to keep his hands away from me.

And then got my ass out of the hall as soon as the interval was up.

I had gone to watch that new horror movie "The curse of the some women or something"

Although the movie was not that scary, this whole experience definitely was scary for me.

:eek:

18. Just go wearing a t-shirt that says 'FILM CRITIC' on it because that wont look wierd!