1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am ok with dying

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 1, 2019.

1. This might sound like i am super depressed but honestly i am not depressed at all, i am very happy. Death has never bothered me, i might have worried once or twice when i was younger but honestly i welcome it. I am a christian and honestly death excites me, the thought of going to be with my Lord and savior, my God for eternity is the happiest thing i can think of, so why would i not want to die and escape this sinful messed up world?. Tho i am not going to kill myself or anything, life is hard but i think if i hold on it will get better and maybe fun, also i want to convert people into christians so i know i have purpose while i am alive, i just have to trust God will take care of me and trust in his plan.

2. You say that now, but I'll tell you this...when the end is in sight, you will fight for every last breath that you can get on this side of the grass.

3. I think all humans have a natural fear of death, ofcourse if i was to get cancer i would start worrying, but i have never wanted to worry about it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

5. glad i am not alone.

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I'd say I'm 1/3 scared, 1/3 excited, and 1/3 curious. Scared because it might hurt a ton, excited because I'm a Christian, and curious because frankly I have no clue what it will be like.

7. i completely agree.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  8. Yeah, I agree with that too. I'm not really scared of death, but I am still afraid of pain. My hope is that however I die, it happens quickly and/or peacefully.

brilliantidiot and BravelyKegger like this.
  9. What you say is true...for the natural man. For the man reborn in Christ, it's quite the opposite really. When one unites one's will with the Lord's, death becomes no longer an enemy to be feared, but a long-awaited friend who is coming to lead you to your Beloved.

From ancient times to the present day, in very rare instances when God has vouchsafed to a holy man or woman to know the day of their death, they have prepared for it with great joy.

When the doorway which you have longed to see opens before, you don't fear or struggle or try to run away, you consent joyfully to be led through.

10. wonderfully said.

11. For my own part, I do regard death with some trepidation. Obviously the circumstances of my death are unknown to me. The unknown always makes even the bravest of us a bit uneasy.

Also, I fear the Judgment that awaits me, not because the Lord is unmerciful or unforgiving, but because I will see the whole of my life in perfect clarity, stripped of all the lies I have told myself.

St. Isaac the Syrian tells us, "this life has been given to you for repentance. Do not waste it in vain pursuits."

I have not lived according to this teaching. I will suffer for what I have done and left undone.

Nevertheless, the only way out is through. I must pass through death to attain life. I must pass through Judgment to attain salvation. And here and now, in the blessed company of my new, struggling friends I must pass through repentance, that I might attain forgiveness.

12. i too fear judgement, the thought of standing before the Lord terrifies me, all my mistakes and sins will be flashed in my face, the overwhelming guilt i will likely feel. But it is all necessary in the end, You know how the bible says during judgement the goats will be on the left, the sheep on the right, my ocd makes me terrified with the thought what if i am on the left side going to hell?, and when i look to the right i see all the saved people, i know i am overthinking it and i am saved but it still is a terrifying thought.

13. Everything the Lord said, He said with purpose. He intended that the imagery of the sheep and the goats should terrify us and knock us out of our complacency. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

But you can't remain in fear alone. If you do, you will certainly be numbered among the goats. You must move forward in trust toward Love.

Sheep follow. Goats go their own way. Let us choose which we want to be.

BravelyKegger and brilliantidiot like this.
  14. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I will never be able to understand this kind of thinking. It is beyond absurd to think that certain people will be saved for fearfully believing in some magic being. Isn't that so close minded? How does it make anyone better that they are afraid of being punished and cause of this believe in something? In my eyes, it's actually the opposite. Wouldn't they be rewarded who are brave enough to not submit to fear and following others? I only believe in being good to other human beings. I don't need to please anything or anyone. But I will treat others the way I want to be treated. If that's not enough, and I'm supposed to bow down to something, then so be it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Friend, every single sentence you have just written boldly proclaims that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you learned this version of Christianity from someone else, they are profoundly, demonically ignorant. If this is your own thinking, you haven't done your homework.

16. you are right, i need to learn to trust God more with all my heart, i know i am saved so i should not worry, it is a scary thought but i should not fear it, just like i should not fear death.

Eoghan mac Phádraig likes this.
  17. I do not worship God out of fear alone, i fear God because i am nothing compared to him, i know my place. I follow God out of love for him, because he is my creator and master, he loves me so much he sent his son to die for me on the cross so that i may not perish but have eternal life through his blood. I follow God because i owe everything to him, he is my everything and without him i would be lost.

18. Nor, in fact have you actually read what I actually wrote.

CH3RRY likes this.
  19. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm talking about religion in general. Many are religious only because of fear, fear of being punished or not going to a good place. @BravelyKegger was talking about people either being saved or not being saved and his fear with this. My issue with this is that it doesn't make sense. I get the impression that according to this thinking, if I don't believe I can't be saved. And someone who believes, will be saved. And that person is afraid of not being saved, hence he believes. Somehow this is better than not believing out of fear.

Eoghan mac Phádraig likes this.