What position is best to sleep in?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 31, 2017.

1. I've been sleeping on the floor for last 10 days and I still haven't got used to it, I guess that sleeping on your stomach for 17 years really makes it feel weird when you try to sleep on your back. I'm waking up in the middle of the night and trying to sleep on my side, but it's uncomfortable to do on the floor. I hope it gets better soon. Also I've been thinking about removing my pillow, because I have forward head posture, but I'll do it after I get comfortable with floor sleeping.

2. Im still training my kung fu to sleep on the mighty jedi wooden floor. For me its messed up hip. Its bent backwards too so Im basically resting on the lower tip/edge of my hip bone while laying. And that position doesnt help it push back in. Ineed to do things like bridge. So yeah, i assume if you have messed up positioning of organs and bones sitting on the floor may be not helpful. But if yourr healthy than its amazing.

Future role model likes this.
  3. Sleep in whatever position you like

4. tiensinh123

tiensinh123 New Fapstronaut

definitely on my back!

5. Student massage therapist here. Belly is the worse because you are bending your neck 45° in either direction, try looking directly to your side and see how long it takes for it to hurt. It's so bad it messes with nerves on the cervical vertebrae.

Second worse is side, unless you are using a body pillow and a pillow because you might extend an arm over your head, if you do it right you can maintain good body mechanics.

Best is back, you literally have to try to mess it up. Make sure to use a pillow for the cervical vertebrae, and don't sleep on too soft of a mattress, an you're golden.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Intelli Gent

Intelli Gent Fapstronaut

I have always heard on your back is best on your stomach is worst

7. What ever position you sleep the best. For me it’s the side. I don’t sleep well on my back. Can’t sleep at all on my stomach.

8. robinthebrave

robinthebrave Fapstronaut

I'm a combinational sleeper, though I usually sleep on one side sleeper with a pillow between my knees and I just literally can't sleep on my stomach. It's so uncomfortable.
    Though, there's no such things as an ultimate position for everyone. And each of us have his/her own personal preferences, also it depends on a mattress as vxlccm already said.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  9. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Yes

10. i sleep on my tummy but i switch positions throughout the night but mostly on my tummy...

i heard the best position is on your left side with knees slightly pulled up with a pillow in between ur knees/ thigh..

11. DavRegina

DavRegina Fapstronaut

I just got myself a memory foam pillow similar to this:
    [​IMG]

So far I like it for both sleeping on my back and either side.

I used two pillows under my head - when sleeping on my back I would be shifted slightly to one side with another pillow under the opposite arm. When on my side, I would have one arm between the pillows, one under the arm opposite of whatever side I am laying on, and one pillow between my legs.

I still need two pillows under my head with this memory foam pillow, the profile is just too low for me. I also got a memory foam leg pillow like this:
    [​IMG]

I do like it, but it is too short length wise for me - normally I put a regular pillow between my knees, with this it won't fit in the knees so I have to have it between my thighs or calves - but that still allows too much pressure to the area not supported, I should get a second one and have it both areas.

Overall, I do like them. Although some people mentioned to me before I got my memory foam mattress (which I love) that they can get hot because they don't breath as well as a traditional mattresses. I haven't had any problems with my mattress - which is a little odd because I run hot and like my room pretty cool to sleep (although maybe it is because my room is cool - I keep a window cracked even in winter). But there are times I wake up and the back of my head and neck are soaked in sweat on t

12. I sleep balanced on my erect penis

13. That is very impressive!

14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Just a couple of inches off the bed then. LMFAO! :p

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah me, too.

16. Sleep on your back if you're a real man. Or a woman that wants to be healthier. There is a post earlier in this thread detailing the reasons. Also there is a psychological advantage to sleeping on your back. It's a warrior ting.

Spooning is uncalled for and weak. If you have a partner, try bothing laying on your backs and sleeping while holding hands. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Don't argue with me about this stuff cos I am correct.

Chickennn likes this.
  17. Impossible to fall asleep on back unless extremely tired.

@DavRegina you returned after half a year to necro this thread? lol

18. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

He is correct about everything. :rolleyes:

Didn't you know? ROFL! :p

19. Ashma

Ashma New Fapstronaut

Doctors have told me if you sleep on your side, you should put a small pillow between your knees and slightly bend them to keep your spine aligned.
    As for sleeping on stomach I find it weird for neck. So i cant imagine any possible 'benefits', nor know any.
    Happy Sleeping
    [​IMG]

u376 likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

I sleep standing up.

SuperPowers likes this.