1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Strong urge to smoke after 30 days of nofap. Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 16, 2019.

1. After abstaining from PMO for 30 days which is my highest ever, I am getting this strong craving to "smoke for one last time". I have been free from weed since Nov 12 and cigarette since Nov 26.

HELP!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Do headstand regularly..it helps.

boichy and Deleted Account like this.
  3. I went a month without cigs and then went and bought some. After even 1, I felt depressed like I had just relapsed with PMO. It's not worth it. Just go do something else or do what I did and buy a vape. It's not nearly as bad for you and waaaay cheaper. You could start on a higher nicotine kind and then work your way down.

vulture175 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Will do. Thanks. :)

Yes. I do keep myself busy everyday to distract myself from cigs or pmo. And the thing is, I get urges to smoke every once in 2-3 days, but I can control it tho.
    But the problem is that once in 10 days I get this super strong urges to smoke. And I don't have any good reason not to.
    I guess the only reason I was able to make 4 months free from cigs and weed was because I wanted to maintain the "streak". :/

Thanks for this. This quote will keep me away from cigs ..for now. :/

5. I have been a chain smoker for 10 years.. in my experience this whole addiction is completely an addiction of the mind if you ask me.. when my mind changed, i had 0 cravings for cigarettes. You gotta really see there is nothing desirable about smoking.. it's no natural apetite

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Thanks..

7. :) if you feel like you want to use weed.. i've learned you can just eat it (plain) as well. I was a heavy weed smoker as well.. but later ate it.. but now i dont like the effects anymore of it haha.

Cigarette smoking has gone for a few months now (luckily, its really self harming as we all know.. ive felt a burning pain on my chest after long time of smoking.. scary stuff..), but i like to use chewing tobacco, i dont see that as a big harm :) to me its just like chewing gum from time to time haha

8. But won't that fuck up the tooth? :/

Tbh.. one of the main reasons I left cigarettes was that it make up lips dark and I also get acne.

Faceless Void likes this.
  9. Well chewing tobacco isn't nearly as damaging as the act of inhaling burned plant matter into the lungs if you ask me :) i go to a teeth whitening company once in a while though :)
    Cigarettes are pure poison.. nothing good about it.. its only the mind which can make it seem pleasurable.. i feel like mind can 'make everything of everything' so to say.. now i enjoy natural apetites like good food wayy more than i used to

10. So you don't get any cravings at all? Even when you are hanging out with your "bros" and all of em are smoking except you?

11. Yes that's right. I could not have imagined it, because i was so heavily addicted before.. smoking all the time. I tried numerous times to quit smoking, attended a stop smoking course.. tried so hard many times to quit with willpower.

But it's the mind that makes it hard, because it sees smoking as valuable. Once you see, understand that smoking is not valuable, it's just this mental addiction... all the craving stopped for me. I make a comparison with pmo (though sexuality is biologically wired.. so its a more real addiction in a way). Once i could see how pmo is actually self sabotage, and does not bring me anything good in actuallity.. my desires for it decreased wayy. Why crave something which has nothing good to offer? To crave to put my hand in a burning flame is crzy.. but that's like what we do with these other things which are just not useful in any way..
    There are still sometimes urges for pmo.. but most of the times it's effortless. I tell myself.. the times when it's easy and effortless, that's a blessing. The times when it's hard, that's a blessing as well, because that gives me the opportunity to build character and strenght :). Keep going well bro

12. @VeganRights Thanks for sharing this friend. If I ever crave to smoke, I will come back here and read this. Thanks again! :)

13. You're welcome bro, im glad i could share my personal experience and how it changed my point of view. Its not "i can't/shouldn't smoke" anymore for me, it's "i'm free of it.. there is nothing in it for me".. :) all the best !

14. Hard thing to do but will reward you big time in all aspects of life- get comfortable being uncomfortable. Bad habits are easy to form, but hard to live with. Good habits are hard to form, but easy to live with. And as Goethe said, Everything is hard before it’s easy. Be strong my friend!!

Heráclito and Deleted Account like this.
  15. I'm not a smoker, but you may find these ideas helpful

16. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

I'm not heavy smoker but i think it's time to consider this as a bad and destructive habit. I'll reduce to 2 cigs per day. There's a big thing i found is that when i smoke 2 cigs at a time, the first one tasted good, but lost its taste with the second one. So i guess illI smoke one cigarette after 8 hours from the previous one.

17. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Guys, I was smoking for more than 7 years, a minimum of 20 cigarets per day. Now, I am a happy non-smoker. I even managed to help a few of my friends to stop too. It is very easy actually. You have a pdf book for free online. Allan Carr, Easy way to quit smoking. It's using simple psychology and manipulation, but it works. Give it a try, what is worst that can happen. I know it is hard from your angle to believe me, but if you really want to quit smoking, you will read this book.

@Basith you my friend are non-smoker already, but please, consider my advice. I recommend you too to read this book, it will make your decision easier.

To read a book will take you around 2 hours, and less. What is that compared to the possibility that you spend the rest of your life as a non-smoker :)

All the best guys!!

18. If you or anyone's asks me whether I have quit smoking forever? I will confidently say "Yes!". But deep down, I do know that there will come a day when I might start smoking again.

Hope this book helps me to stay away from smoking forever. Thanks, friend. :D

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  19. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

No worries, you don't need hope, just read the book and let me know what you think :) I am sure you will be looking at smoking with a different perspective.

20. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Just keep at it, not much you can do really