1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Women, completely off topic, but

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 10, 2019.

1. I don't care if I seem sexist for asking this, I need to know.

So the reason I made this thread is because of the perceived power difference between men and women. Or, at least, what I was taught to perceive. I'm almost entirely sure everyone in America has heard the phrase, "The woman is always right." But I could be wrong. The point still stands, that is an entirely untrue statement. Okay maybe not entirely, as I don't believe in right or wrong, but it still suggests that nothing a woman can say can be improved or refuted. For argument's sake, I won't go into philosophy about this, and to keep things simple I will say that that is obviously wrong and has some mal side effects. I will explain later. I say this because I know plenty of women, and I think each one if them has said something that isn't true.

Now, I totally get the whole "don't embarrass girls, they are sensitive" mentality, but that just isn't fair. I get embarrassed all the time, and some of those times it's not entirely because I'm being exposed for something actually wrong. So clearly that can not be the real reason people say it, as women are only as sensitive as I am (pretty sensitive but sh).

So the only other option I can think of is that women can't handle being wrong, so if I prove a woman wrong, not to prove her wrong but let's take the extreme case of maybe I know something she doesn't about her safety, and I'm trying to help her, she will then hold a grudge against me without any real cause or, as people who purport this idea would have me believe, any real way to deal with the situation before it basically gets out of hand. Because people are really vague about the whole thing, like, what, is she just gonna snap one day if I don't do what she says? That seems like a possibility because obviously I'm okay for now. And if it's a gradual disappearance thing, like most people, then it all just comes down to them not being willing to handle their emotion. I say that as in general, like if I did the same, I would be acting out of emotion.

And that brings me to my next point: women don't need to always be right. That is something that men do, as it goes. Women aren't stubborn and they also don't need men or anyone else to give them a break, they can handle themselves. They can clearly still get a word in without being "right." And I'm not talking about celebrities, either, as people do unfairly judge female celebrities for dumb shit. Except maybe the Kardashians...

Anyway, I'm talking about one on one, "meaningful" relationships, as meaningful as they can be. Is my girlfriend really that pathetic that she can't handle being wrong? I know she's not, but that is what the saying would have me think. And yeah, I could see that maybe this is just a way to give power back to women, to give them a break from being put down all these years.... And then I think about how many queens there must have been. How long has this saying been around?

Two things: One, many queens could mean we are doing something "right". Two, could this saying refer to a queen of some kind? It seems like evil propaganda the likes of which a powerful establishment might make, none of which seem like the opposite of literally insecure. Otherwise they wouldn't kill naysayers.

I know it isn't actually a thing, women are NOT always right, and they are basically the same as men: I can expect out of a woman what I could expect out of myself, and that's what I'm getting at here. Making something "special" doesn't make it infallible, and even though yes, I get it, it's a way to express how special they are to us, it's unrealistic to say, believe, or practice the idea that women are always right. That's because that would imply that they are somehow weaker or just plain evil, as it could be they are working against me, but that's just another irrational idea created by this one!

So, women, my question to you is, am I right, or am I wrong?
    Am I right, OR am I right?
    (Little bit snazzier, don't you think?)

PS, I love you

Edit: Oh holy crap I see what you guys mean imma fix that up right away yesssireeegal
    Also, Idc that this is already obvious, I made it even more so :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
  2. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Sure, some people say the phrases you quoted, some people think the way you described. However all of these people have the IQ of a potato. And maybe even that's insulting to a potato.
    Those people are, at least where I am from, few an far in between.
    Most people are actually normal, where I am from.
    Sure you can always point out the one nutcase in the room, that's especially easy over the internet. Because only extreme things, positive, or negative garner attention. Normal everyday situations, thoughts and behaviour are "boring" so they don't look for it, they experience it every day offline anyway.
    And that's how a "bubble" is created. People start to only seek one side of the story, extreme people and opinions and filter any information that doesn't fit their new world view. Then they start to think that these extreme things are actually a common occurence.
    So yes, some people are actually stupid enough to believe "women are always right." But anyone with half a brain does not.
    Being "right" has to do with gender about as much as your eye color. It simply doesn't matter in the context.
    Don't live in a bubble, don't seek these kind of extreme information and occurences. Rather do things that provide a benefit for your life.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. Damn, I did not read this entire thread because it's super long. The phrase "the woman is always right" is not meant to be taken literally. Obviously women are wrong all the time. they're human.

4. Err maybe I got lost when thinking about my own real life examples. It also seems pretty consistent and honestly I was more curious if people actually believed this. Your response and the one before it were, I'm almost embarrassed to say, totally unexpected. But thank you very much. C:

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. MonkeyDo

MonkeyDo Fapstronaut

The masculine and feminine energies are opposite in nature but equal in power. They perform different functions. Neither one is superior to the other. Both are equally necessary parts of a whole.

6. I believe it

7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    as a man as in me i was raised by just my mom an i have like 7 sisters so im no stranger to the female presence , this means i was usually in a fight 2 -4 times a week, oh man, over silly stuff, but when it comes to arguments what i stick to is this, if i dont have the physical evidence or legit witnesses then i just let the argument go, the winner of arguments is the one with the bullet proof evidence an witnesses ,gotta take the bullet to the knee if you lose an limp away but allways be prepared for the next argument, when it comes to whose right or wrong its who has the evidence ,i treat woman as a equal an they respect an love me for that,the thing to be aware of when winning a argument is the opponent who loses well hate it and well bring up irrelevant topics to fight about, when that happens realize it and take it as a win and walk way dont feed the fire,

8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    as a kid i was in martial arts that i excelled at an i always wanted to be a lawyer or atnorney so i watched lots of lawyer shows an movies an studied the law definitions an what things meant in cases , so fighting is a sport to me not senseless savagery

9. Same here, way tldr.

You're (op) over thinking this.

Dont take it literally. If you're in a relationship you choose your battles.

All communication is a loving response or a cry for help. If shes not loving you then it's a cry for help and youd do best by seeing it from her side before you take up arms to defend what you think is right

10. Hahaha slow down there bucko
    I'm only talking about the phrase and the idea
    I can assure you, I am well aware of how communication works, the problem was that this idea is a generally accepted notion and I guess I wanted to know why.
    I did not write this thread very well, I admit.

But thank you for your advice. I can't say I fully agree but it is helpful to the discussion.

And you are awesome.

11. Thanks nan, appreciate it. You too are awesome

12. Lol I'm on mobile
    It looks just fine to me!

justafriend likes this.
  13. kruznick

kruznick Fapstronaut

This is a nice way of putting it.

14. I agree.

15. 1. Please for the love of dear baby Jesus just use paragraphs
    2. I’ve never heard anybody seriously suggest that women are always right.
    3. You over analysed this, and you don’t need to be so courteous when discussing things such as gender. Just say what you think without constantly covering your ass, sugar coating and over compensating for your opinion because you think people will find it controversial

ps you have a nice name

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
  16. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Isn't it just an old fashioned joke, the kind of quip people made in the seventies? It meant that even if the woman in your life was wrong it was worth pretending that she was right in order to have an easier life. It's not the kind of joke people make now (thank goodness) but that's what I take it to mean.

justafriend and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Scruck you

Edit: (is this what you had in mind?)

18. Still not any better