1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-esteem problem during reboot

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mapleet, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

I'm doing my first real nofap reboot and i experience some strange thoughts right now.

At the moment i hit the gym daily and try to improve myself through meditation, reading books and learning channels on youtube.
    But i dont want to present myself so much(in dating or pictures of me), because my reboot is not complete, i'm not very improved rn and still overweight. I don't know how to describe it, but i'm not statisfied with myself.

I know this problem sounds a bit odd, but has anybody here experienced some similiar or is it only a strange thought in my head ?

Amukadi8 likes this.
  2. Are you asking if it's not uncommon to be insecure about your looks? Because I would say 98.89 percent of the world's population feels that way at some point or another.

Toomuchh, Amukadi8 and mapleet like this.
  3. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

Well you hit the nail on the head !

Amukadi8 likes this.
  4. When you see Niagara Falls, The Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and the Grand Canyon, you take a moment to appreciate it's beauty. It's a wonderful creation of God. You have to understand that you too are a wonderful creation of God. Be proud of yourself man. You are going out of your way to beat this addiction, you're hitting the gym, reading books, meditating and studying on youtube. You deserve a sense of pride.

mapleet likes this.
  5. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

To be honest i dont believe in god, but your words were inspiring as hell !
    You're right i overcame a lot of stuff in my past and do so much good for me right now, i'm proud of what i do !
    And proud on myself !

6. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

If you aren't proud of yourself, then don't settle for mediocrity. Achieve what you want. Your problem is a good problem. You recognize that there is something about you that you don't like and that you would like to change. I feel the same as you. I'm not satisfied, which is good. I need that burning desire to change myself. Of course I still love myself, but I will never settle. You can't reach greatness like that.

mapleet likes this.
  7. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

I will not settle down for mediocrity, i will first stop losing weight when i got my goal !
    I already lost 13 pounds in 2 months and i aint gonna stop there !

Yeah the non statisfaction i feel is very good because it drives me to improve myself. The only thing is that i'm not happy with myself at the moment and feel insecure around girls which makes talking to girls that i don't know hard.