1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cody Dinh

Cody Dinh Fapstronaut

Check-in 18/365. To be brutally honest, I’m feeling amazing. Stay optimistic, persistent.

2. Guyperson

Guyperson Fapstronaut

3. Accepting responsibility is key. When we acknowledge our mistakes, we also reaffirm our power to control our future. Two sides of the same coin. You can do this buddy. Get back up, brush yourself off, and take that next step.

Dr. Jekyll and Ephesians 2:8 like this.
  4. Dude, for what it's worth, I failed like 5-6 times before this last streak. I'm about to hit 100 days tomorrow. I don't say that to brag, but to display that we're all human, and this is hard, and mistakes happen - but change is possible. Take what you've learned, and try again.

Nekkhamma, Dr. Jekyll and Srisurya like this.
  5. Wow, 100 days is awesome, congrats bro! I've failed more than that, maybe like 20 or 30 times :(
    Can you give me some tips?

Dr. Jekyll and Harrylucid like this.
  6. I've known this community for almost a year now, and since then I've not been successful yet. Is there any too late to change? When I'm trying to abstain for this habit, there is always a regret in my mind that I've been wasting so many precious time, and somehow I felt that it's too late to change. I felt that everything will be better if I didn't engages in this habit before.

Dr. Jekyll and RiseToGreatness like this.
  7. Ok, I'll give it a shot. :)

1) Have a plan in place before the urges show up - something active you can do until they pass - e.g. exercise, taking a walk, doing a crossword, reading a book, meditating, meeting a friend for coffee, playing a hard videogame (I like Civ 5), doing something creative like art/music/writing, etc. - it doesn't matter, as long as it's something positive for you that can substitute in for that default behavior of seeking out P. It's not enough to stop the PMO, you have to replace the hole it leaves.

2) Realize that as strong as the temptations are, they are temporary, they do not define you, they are transient feelings which will pass if you let them - they are merely your brain trying to fool you into that dopamine hit it wants, but over time that craving will fade, and in its place will be peace. Learn to see the feelings/thoughts/fantasies as mere thoughts, like leaves floating down a river. They flow through you, but they are not you. Meditation helps with this.

3) Make a decision that you really want this - not 98% or 99% .. but frigging 100% you're doing it. (However many days 3-days, 14-days, 90-days, whatever amount you want to commit to.) Do not leave yourself any wiggle room. None, zero. That way, when you have challenging days, you will not try to negotiate with yourself, you will simply know that it is not acceptable for you to act out while you're doing your nofap reset, end of story. This may sound strange but it actually relieves you of a big burden since the decision is already made, you don't have to feel that anguish of being torn in two directions every time you have a tough day.

4) If you fail, give yourself like five minutes to feel bad about it, and yell out in frustration or whatever you have to - then get your ass up off the floor, take what you've learned, and apply it to the next attempt. Coldly, logically, like a friggin boss. Be brutally honest with yourself - it's not personal, it's business. Every day you challenge yourself is a positive step, nothing is wasted, just keep growing, keep moving forward.

5) I remember seeing some guy talk about investing in the market once. He said something like, in any given year, it's like 10 days where most of your profits come. You don't know which days they'll be, which is why you need to stay invested, but those are the days where you make the real return. I found something similar with nofap. I could cruise for a week or two no worries, then I'd have a string of a few days which pushed me to the limit with urges - but you see, those are the days were real progress can be made. So when it gets tough, be happy about it, as weird as it sounds be grateful because those are the moments are when true growth can happen if you can push through them.

Hope that helps dude. Alot of good people on this thread. They can help too. Just keep posting, keep trying, and you can find your path. Always remember that healing is possible.

8. I relapsed Iam starting again 0/90

Dr. Jekyll and RiseToGreatness like this.
  9. Day 41/90
    Feeling a little weak tonight and wanting to look at some women but I refuse to give in. Do or die mentality like a steel trap is the only way I can succeed. Stay strong friends and have a good fapfree weekend. Cheers!

10. Apple Mozart

Apple Mozart Fapstronaut

Missed a couple of days of posting, but still on my streak. today is day 26.

11. Enginakos

Enginakos Fapstronaut

Day 3, urges low which is a great thing. Bit of moody behavior though, which I suspect it is pretty normal isnt it ? My Regards from a grey morning in Scotland

12. eagerUser

eagerUser Fapstronaut

3rd day of this long journey. Still a long way in front of me.

13. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

14. Got it. Thank you so much for the comprehensive advices bro, I think I got some insights that are really useful.
    I’ll try to act according to these advices.
    Once again congrats for your achievement, I admire you for what you’ve achieved and hope I can do the same as well. You’re right, there are many good people here, and I’m really grateful for that, and hoping all the best for all of us here. :)
    Once again, thank you

15. Weur

Weur Fapstronaut

I am currently on day 77, can I join?

16. henry3526

henry3526 Fapstronaut

17. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

18. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

19. bakes

bakes Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Oh man
    Yesterday was crazy. Staying at home is very triggering for me. So I try to avoid it so i wake up early and usually come back after work. But yesterday i was sick. I was so close to fapping. I kept checking in the forum every 2 hours. I'm so glad today I didn't slip

Day 13 in progress.