1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post about Cleaning

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 3, 2019.

1. This is a serious inquiry. So I used to be really dirty and messy in my pmo days. I would go to the extent, but due to keeping this short I won't. Just understand, VERY messy/unclean.

But I've gotten significantly better at cleaning and whatnot. But I do have a few questions. Y'all can roast me if you want, but answer the question as well.

Laundry:
    -Do you all actually separate your clothes into colors (dark white & pastel) before washing? I have most dark clothing, especially w laundry bc my workout clothes are dark. I wash all my clothes together regardless of color.

-I wash my underwear/socks after I wear it once (sounds like common sense, but this was a change I made a while back due to nofap). I wash a t-shirt after every time worn, unless it's extremely neat and smells fine. I wash pants after a few times depending on how they look. So what about you? And also, what about bed sheets/bed covers/pillow covering?

-I use just regular laundry detergent, and 2 dryer sheets in the dryer. Is there anything to reduce damage to clothing?

Dishes:
    -When you eat food in your living room, do you immediately take the plates and stuff to the kitchen? Bc I don't sometimes, sometimes it'll take a day or so for me to get around to it. Which leads me to...

-When you take dishes to the kitchen, do you immediately wash them/put them into the dishwasher or leave them in the sink for a while? I do the sink route all the time until it stacks up, it's annoying

Wordinhaler likes this.
  2. Huitzilopochtli

Huitzilopochtli New Fapstronaut

Pmo makes you a sloppy joe. Don’t do it. Not even once

3. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

I change my pillow sheets every 1-1.5ish weeks, and bed sheets twice a month (usually the 1st and 15th).

After using dishes I bring them to the sink/dish washer. If it's plates, bowls, cups, utensils, I place them in the dishwasher. If its pots, pans, etc. I put them in the sink with the intention to wash them some time that day.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Definitely not. I wash all my clothes together. With the exception of washing something, say, bright red with something white.

I was underwear and socks after every use. I pretty much only wear my work clothes (sweat pants and a tshirt) and pajamas most days. I wash my work pants and shirts after every use, generally, unless I need to wear them twice before laundry day and they don't smell too bad. I'm a housekeeper though, so I don't usually even see anybody at work, and I'm planning to get dirty anyway. So it doesnt really matter if my clothes look or smell perfect.

After work I change into my pajamas, which I pretty much wear all week until laundry day, because I don't really sweat or anything, so it's fine.

As far as other shirts and pants, I pretty much wash them when they smell or when my jeans start to look limp and such. I usually only wear clothes like that for a couple hours if I'm going out, so I don't usually have to wash them right away unless it was really hot out or something.

Mattress cover, maybe once a year or so. Sheets and pillow cases, I try to do maybe once a month or every other week, depending.

Washing in cold water is better, and clothes don't really need to be washed un warm water unless they're really gross and need to be sanitized or something.

I don't know a ton about detergents, but I'm sure some are better than others, and there is some speculation on weather or not dryer sheets and fabric softener is actually bad for your clothes.

Nope

That's probably the best way to do it, but no. I try to throw away whatever is left on the plate and then maybe put it in the sink and cover it with a bit of hot water, so when I get to cleaning dishes later nothing is stuck on and it's a lot faster. I have a pretty big sink though, which makes this easier.

5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I haven't washed my bedsheets in about 2 years XD, I just never get around to it

6. Dont let the bed bugs bite tonight!

EthanW. and brilliantidiot like this.
  7. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

You can wash whites with darks, but always do your bright colors as a separate load.

That sounds good, as long as you have enough clothes. Do you own your washer and dryer? If you have limited clothes and have to pay for your washing and drying then I would recommend wearing shirts and pants more than once. Underwear and socks don't come with that luxury if you do physical work, or workout.

Everything in your bed that touches your body should be washed at least every few months (about 3 months), everything else can be about 6-8 months. Your mattress should be vacuumed yearly, and flip it.

I use botanical detergent made from plants because all those chemicals make me sick. I think laundry soap that you sprinkle in is pretty efficient too.

The only thing that prevents damage to clothing is washing habits. Make sure you are setting your cycles appropriately for the loads you are doing. If you have any delicate clothes, dry them separately.

Also, use only the amount of soap you need for the number of loads you do, because it's a waste of money if you don't.

Wash your plates as you go, then you'll never have to spend 30 minutes to an hour doing dishes. At least soak dishes during the day and wash your piles at night.

P.S. Good on you for taking control of your shortcomings. God bless.