1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Alone and Diving into Monk Mode

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by BruceD, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Seem I have avoided real intimacy and substantial relationships with women most of my life. I did have a 4 year relationship with someone I almost married. However, the PMO alienated her and she knew damn well I was still looking as stuff.

Cut to 3 years later. I have my own place, an almost below-average job for now (it puts food in my mouth and the lights on). I get on this hamster wheel of getting some initial streaks going (4-8 days) and then, BAM, Relapse!

This all stems from feelings of inadequacy, frustration, and loneliness. I have been fine with being alone a lot of my life, but maybe that's not such a good thing. We need connection and to share things. But I do think it's best for Monk Mode to begin.

I strive to be the man I want and to offer this to someone down the road. But I have work to do. And I will be posting more. Please drive on!

Capt. U and Wladimir like this.
  2. neutral1000

neutral1000 Fapstronaut

Dealing with social anxiety and loneliness is well known for me. I have been living in Great Britain 2008-2011. I know how it feels how to be alone in different country. Everyone seems to be outgoing in such moment beside you. Lack of good job, vanishing interests (beside PMO). I think there must be a bridge, foundation for new life style, some area of success. It might attract women.
    Best wishes Bruce, you can do it.

BruceD likes this.
  3. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

I was also scared to do monk mode. Now I kinda miss it.

BruceD likes this.
  4. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I dived in and to keep myself very busy, I decided to resign from that job for a much more lucrative opportunity. It will take time and grinding, but I feel it's the right move.

5. expressyourself

expressyourself Fapstronaut

Hey man, I highly suggest you check out this video on how to deal with loneliness by actualized.org / leo gura on youtube.

It helped me a lot!

BruceD likes this.
  6. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you I will!