1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with early wakeup

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by better human, Mar 4, 2019.

1. better human

better human Fapstronaut

Hi
    I ve exam the next month so i m getting used to wake up at 5 pm
    I try to sleep at 10.5 to get 6.5 h sleep

Yesterday i relpased as i was extremely stressed

And today i wasted 2.5 h till now and cant do anything even having breakfast
    I musg study but i either can't or don't want to do so

What do you suggest

2. the awakening

the awakening Fapstronaut

Hi,

I tried to get up every day at 5 am. The hard part is to get enough sleep. When you don't get enough hours of sleep it is really difficult to get of the bed in the morning. Maybe you should go to sleep earlier. I personnaly go to sleep at 9.30 pm and wake up at 4.55 am

better human likes this.
  3. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

I go to bed at 6:30 pm and wake up at 2am to go to the gym. At first to get adjusted to that schedule i had to take an sleeping aid. Once i got used to it i stopped the sleeping aid.

When I worked overn

the awakening and better human like this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Different things work for different people. Personally, if I was waking up at 5am and I was so tired I wasn't able to study, I would try 6am for a while to get my body used to it, then gradually get earlier. Your body will adjust very quickly, you'll probably be waking up happily at 5am after a week or two.

Not relapsing will help your energy levels too, of course. But don't sweat it!

Try a bit of gentle exercise before bed, and avoid all screens an hour before bedtime.

better human likes this.
  5. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Get enough sleep and make sure you are consistent. Take some melatonin if you need to. I wake up at 230 most days because work starts at 5 an hour away from my house. I go to bed at 630. That's eight hours. In your case go to bed at like 9pm and wake up at 5.
    But also remember that sleep cycles are about 90 minutes. Try not to wake up in the middle of one because it will hurt physically. If you need a nap either 15 minutes ( before deep sleep) or an hour and a half ( one full cycle).

better human likes this.
  6. the awakening

the awakening Fapstronaut

7. Silver36

Silver36 Fapstronaut

Hey man
    I have same conditions here.
    I am going through my exams too and I was on a 67 day streak when I relapsed due to stress.
    Here is what is currently working for me:
    I sleep whenever my whole syllabus is covered, let it be no sleep the whole night or sometimes maybe 3am or 4am.

But your condition may differ from mine as I haven't studied anything throughout the year and I NEED more study time than sleep.
    Due to my high streak, it just feels like I don't require much sleep. Even If I don't sleep throughout the night I still am energetic the next morning. This is just one of the results of a 67 day nofap streak.

boichy and better human like this.