1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your best anti-aging advice

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by jorg78, Mar 2, 2018.

1. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Can you share some of the plant based diet you eat regularly?

2. Bretto

Bretto Fapstronaut

- Eliminate stress #1
    - Exercise
    - Cut out unnecessary sugar
    - Yin Yoga. The long holds assist in the production of hyaluronic acid which has anti aging effects
    - Yoga/meditation in general
    - Fasting makes sense. Give your digestive system a break
    - He shou wu
    - Jala Neti (saline nasal flush)

3. davidx

davidx Fapstronaut

Absolutely- lots of kale, spinach, carrot and celery smoothies with whatever your favorite fruits are to sweeten it up, I love bananas and apples I just throw the whole apple in the blender seeds and all but that’s just me. Broccoli and cauliflower are great too. I also do a lot of whole grains and beans. I make my own spaghetti sauce with vegetables and mushrooms only and use whole grain noodles. That is one of my favorite meals I make enough to take reasonable portions to work for lunch then just have apples, bananas and some unsalted seeds and almonds for snacks raisins too. I also make a lot of bean soups. I eat whole grain rice and lentils with whole grain tortillas add salsa for flavor. That one needs some work - still bland but I’m experimenting. It’s a lot of work but I see good results Forks over Knives is a great documentary to watch.

This is a great website that lists a lot of nutritional information too.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

The photochemicals in fruits and vegetables and micronutrients are power packed and very good for overall health.

I just say do your own research and do what works best for you. I am very glad I made the changes lost 50 pounds over the last couple years. Put some back on affect a several month PMO binge but I’m fighting my way back out again and I really hope I can make at least 90 days with no PM and only O with my wife. It’s tough but I really want this 37 year addiction to be gone forever. Good luck to all!!!!

4. davidx

davidx Fapstronaut

* That’s supposed to say phytochemicals not photochemicals

5. SirWanksalot

SirWanksalot Fapstronaut

Fasting, exercising, meditation and surprisingly a healthy and strong social circle are what have the strongest impact on the length of your telomeres. That is one of the most important factors that determines how long you live as far as I understand it.

? ? ? likes this.
  6. Don't use the whole apple man. There's arensic in apple seeds. If you don't grind them up your body just passes them but if you do you release the poison. I used to eat the seeds. Someone told me that, I looked it up and yeah it's true.

I know a guy who is extremely fit. He's very conscious of what he eats and excersizes all the time.
    Despite looking outwardly well, you can see on his face that he's tired. He's angry and beaten down in life.
    Letting go of anger takes off 10 years.

Bretto likes this.
  7. First thing and the most important is eating healthy, lots of greens, no junk food, processed food, sugar, next is limit sun exposure, tanned people age faster. Drinking green tea is proven to make your skin healthier, also using all natural face creams like coconut oil will do wonder for your skin, cold showers promote healthy skin and hair, also exercise is great for the body, especially running.

Stragler and ? ? ? like this.
  8. davidx

davidx Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip. I’ve heard that before about the seeds. As far as anger yes it is VERY destructive and takes a toll on people in many ways. ... the inside is just as important as the outside. A complete approach to health is extremely important.

9. pmotina

pmotina Fapstronaut

- reduce stress
    - only exchange sexual energy when having sex (-> no masturbation)
    - exercise
    - get enough sleep
    - diet full of antioxidants and healthy fats
    - wear spf everyday
    - apply coconut/pomegranate oil before bed on face and neck
    - live from your heart, love yourself, open heart chakra

10. expressyourself

expressyourself Fapstronaut

Never ever be dependent on an external resource for you to feel good about your body, it all happens internally by developing a mindset and perspective. I suggest you google Qi Gong exercises, it's really good for blood flow and has showed huge benefits in terms of aging. Also check some youtube videos on it, it's really crazy good. Also when doing NoFap, try to do Qi Gong exercises daily to move around your sexual energy, and transmute it, instead of being consumed by it.

11. I've never heard of pomegranate oil!! Sounds interesting. I've tried coconut oil and all it does is turn my face red and itchy. I'll have to look into that.. I've never seen it at the store. Where do you get it

12. Issah

Issah Fapstronaut

Take care of your skin:- Drink lots of water, moisturize and use sunscreen, eat nutritious food, exercise. And surprisingly, getting sufficient sleep on a regular basis really does contribute to good skin - atleast that's what I've noticed over the years with my own skin.

13. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Apart from exercise and adopting a lean healthy diet rich in fruits, veggies, and grains, there is also a lot that can be done on a mental and subconscious level as well. By eliminating negative, anxious and destructive thoughts from your mind and instead continuously feeding your mind with positive, harmonious, productive, optimistic and noble thoughts (opposite to those of hatred, jealousy, envy, anger and resentment) you will age significantly slower than most people today because they aren't even aware of the power of thoughts and your subconscious mind.
    So, by staying positive, lovable and cheerful to your surroundings while doing things that are meaningful for you, you will go a very long way and age much more graciously and healthier than 90-95% of people do.

14. neutral1000

neutral1000 Fapstronaut

I am in the depression, and negative thoughts. I have no idea how to replace them with positive one just by thinking positively, sorry but this method is bullshit, not working, anybody with such experiecnce?

15. ? ? ?

? ? ? Fapstronaut

NoFap
    Eat Healthy
    Drink Water
    Meditation
    Exercise
    Cold Showers

=

Life

16. Water. Almost nobody drinks enough water.

Bretto likes this.
  17. bruhne

bruhne Fapstronaut

fasting

18. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

Live, Love, Laugh.

19. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are very pessimistic and ruling it out right away before you have even given it a chance. The claim that it's BS and simply doesn't work to change your mindset into a more positive and productive one (in order to attract great things in life) is pure bollocks. How do I know it?
    Because I was quite depressed and miserable 2 1/2 years ago myself and not until my brain started to reboot from PMO did I realize that it was all my negative thinking that had attracted all the misfortunes in my own life.
    I suggest you read these great books on the topic to widen your perspective a little and although they are written a long time ago (and the authors have passed on decades ago), there is nothing written in them that is false and goes against the laws of nature and the universe:

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. neutral1000

neutral1000 Fapstronaut

could you please give me an example how this books worked for you?
    thanks!