1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever been in a car accident?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 27, 2019.

1. If so, did you get hurt? Were you driving? Who's fault was it? I just witnessed a pretty bad accident, so it's been on my mind today.

2. yep, t-boned a dude who blew a stop sign at a 4 way intersection. no injuries but both of our cars were totaled. he was a cool guy, we talked about music while we waited for the police lol. he admitted to blowing the stop sign on his statement so I got paid for the damages. 9/10 would crash again

3. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I've been in several. Once when I was 17, I drove my dad's car bringing my younger brother to school. I went for a U-turn on a main street, forgot to check my blind spot, and crashed into another car at an intersection. My dad's car was totaled, so he wasn't too happy about that. Another time I got T-boned by another car which I was my fault yet again, and another time I had a frightening situation where I almost slammed into an 18 wheeler going down a snowy hill. Finally, a vehicle rolled over my foot when I was in elementary school (not really an accident, but I decided to throw it in there). Main point is: car accidents sucks, you may be bruised for a while or seriously injured, and if you don't have insurance, you're fucking screwed. Trust me I know.

4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

1) Yes

2) Yes and no (been in more than one)

3) My fault and also not my fault (depending on which accident we’re talking about)

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. You're lucky. Not too many people can walk away from a car wreck saying that it was a good experience.

6. What happened to your foot?

7. I've been in a few. & all have been w/o seatbelts.

I wasn't driving. But the driver slammed into the back of a BMW stopped at a red light. Didn't even see it, just slammed right into the back. I flew into the passenger seat in front of me (I was in the back seat). And we all ended up going to the hospital. Minimal injuries for both parties, my drivers fault obviously.

I was driving and drifting around parking lots bc it was really icy and that's what you do. So I'm skidding in this huge church parking lot at 4am w some of my friends. This was back when i was really reckless so we all (including myself) were drinking. So i start at one end and skid sideways down this entire parking lot and the left side of the car slammed into the curb going really fast (idk how to guess the speed. Just really fast.)

The car got totaled. The battery under the hood was literally sideways, to give you an idea of how fast i really was going. The fucking battery was sideways guys. Idk, I think that's pretty wild. The left wheel was bent inward a little bit and scraping against the body. There was either the anti freeze or radiator smoking crazy from the hood.

Although i wpuld never do so, I couldn't call the cops bc I was breaking a good amount of rules (curfew, trespassing, destruction of property - the curb got destroyed, drunk driving, underage consumption of alcohol). And this was on a period where I couldn't get into legal trouble for some really idiotic thing I did w the bros that's another story though.

So I ended up driving the SOB on a main road to my house w it smoking and making all types of noises, going slightly sideways and stuff.

Got in alot of trouble from my parents on that one, but they never found out I was drunk. And nothing happened w the church people. Obviously, my fault.

There's some more, but I'm gonna cut it short. I've been in more collision crashes but have always walked away w no injuries while never wearing a seatbelt.

Idk if that's a sign from the gods. But take that as you will

8. Nice descriptive/imagery skills

9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    when i was a teenager i didnt have my licence yet but my buddy had his an we were headed to another house party we were intoxicated ,hes driving across peoples yard he had to much to drink,suddenly he decides to drive into a fire hydrant messing up the front,the truck wouldnt start, we knew someone who could come give us a tow so we did that,lesson to learn here, make sure you have your friends keys when they are drunk,i once witnessed a motor bike accident , it was one of those big biker gang guys with the harleys an choppers, anyways he hits a cement divider ,his girl friend falls an slides on the pavement like 3 -5 meters , its like 3am , im walking home from the night shift, they were both intoxicated, the car stops an convinces the biker guy to allow them to drive his girlfriend to the hospital ,alcohol never has a happy ending

10. Christian Fox

Christian Fox Fapstronaut

When I had my driver's license for about two weeks, I was driving my three siblings together with two friends to a lake where they wanted to go. I had only been there once, years ago, so I wasn't familiar with the road. It made a complete U-turn, but I didn't know that, and due to the trees and shrubs ob the side it looked not half as bad to me. So I was much too fast, we lost traction and drifted across the street, luckily there was no other car at that moment or we'd surely have hit it, nevertheless we hit the curb, just went over it, hit the rail and finally stopped. The car was a total. Nobody was hurt. My dad was not amused.
    My first thought when we lost traction was: "This isn't real. Stuff like this only happens in video games."
    Funnily, my lack of realisation for about two minutes helped me keep a cool head and do the right things instead of panicking.

{Ananta} and Deleted Account like this.
  11. WEAR YOUR SEATBELT DAMMIT!!!

12. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    hes too alpha male to wear a seat belt

13. lif3

lif3 Fapstronaut

Got hit from behind by an 18 wheeler tractor trailer trying to switch lanes. I was going at 120km/h on the highway, so he was obviously going faster. In a split second, car spun out of control, hit the guard rail on the side, and air bag punched my face harder than Mike Tyson's fist.

I saw gas leaking on the side of the car (was actually just radiator or wiper fluid). Quickly got out, scared and furious at the same time. Truck stopped, couple guys got out, I started cussing them ready to break their nose. Then I realized these guys were doing construction nearby and came to help, while the actual trucker who hit just drove away.

I survived with just a minor shoulder sprain. Hit n run guy was never found, and the car got totalled. I was 19 at the time.

Christian Fox and {Ananta} like this.
  14. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

You should end your sentence with a period. Also, nice sarcasm skills. :p

15. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i thought the grammar police only patrolled the youtube comment section ??lmao

16. ya, i think we blew a tire. my oldest brother was sitting in the passenger seat and my older brother was to the far left in the back seat, mom in middle, me on the right. my dad lost control and i saw his reaction and it was horrifying..
    we rolled over too.
    but we were all alright.. my mom had just told my brother to put his seatbelt on a few minutes before it and she pulled me and my brother close and we bent down.
    i screamed the entire time so i swallowed gravel and i had to spit a lot out too i had so much i couldnt even talk..

17. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    scary

Coffee Candy likes this.
  18. I’ve been in a few. The worst was...
    When I was 19 I was driving my first car, an 87 Camaro Z28 in great shape. I was on my way to meet a work friend at our work and then head up to Indy for the Colts training camp.

It was 8 am, and I was on the highway going about 80 mph in the left fast lane when an suv jumped right in front of me going at least 15 mph slower than me. I slammed on the brakes, apparently one side was stronger than the other because it sent me swerving back and forth. Right when I thought I was regaining control, I started spinning.

I think I spun 5 times. It was so surreal. I spun so fast my glasses flew off my face.
    By the grace of God I did not even touch another car. I then ended up stopping facing the wall, out of harm’s way. I found my glasses under my seat, and then I got out of the car without a single scratch on me or any soreness. I rode my dirt bike later that same day.

19. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Looks like you’re in need of some policing yourself. :p

20. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

To be honest, from what I remember as a young child, it wasn't really that bad. At the time, I knew it was painful, but only half of my foot was underneath the tire. Other than that, this incident wasn't as nearly as bad as the other ones.