Anyone else feel like they don't want to bring children into this modern world?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

..into this modern culture of Hell? I feel like a small part of me wants more kids, but a larger part of me does not want to bring any more children into this modern culture of Hell.

2. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

It's a common belief among men, I fully share your opinion. But most women out there dream of having kids. Very few want to pursue career or voyage, specially at age 30-35.

People think of babies as a way to give meaning to their empty lives, and they do not realize they are only bringing one more miserable soul into this world.

3. Agree ish. My future kids wouldn't be growing up in the same America I grew up in, what the hell happened?

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Yeah, I feel that way too. There are so many snares the devil has made, to the point that if you are seeking to live a godly life, you will stand out. Moreover, if I had a male child, he would look up to me as a role model; and I'm not worthy of being a role model for anyone. I've done some terrible things in my life.

Fallensoldier1 likes this.
  5. I'm not sure that's true anymore, actually. I've heard a lot of women say they aren't really interested in having kids. It's becoming more of a popular view among people of either gender, I would say.

I'm a woman, and I personally don't really want to have kids for a lot of reasons. If I ever do end up having kids, at this point I would say I would prefer to adopt. But who knows. My opinion might change.

6. Nah, isn't that attitude a bit defeatist? I have faith both in my aptitude to raise kids, and the inherent virtue of living in the world with other humans. Plus it would be infinitely rewarding and my kids would have a positive impact on humanity.

7. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I wouldn't wanna discourage anyone from it. But I'll never have children, I'm too messed up to be able to function as a parent.

8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Didn't you hear? Donald Trump is making America great again! Haha! :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

All of the above.

10. What does Trump have to do with it? Misinterpreted my post

11. MonkeyDo

MonkeyDo Fapstronaut

No, I don't feel that way.

You're saying that our culture is no good, but a culture is made up of people, including yourself. Which means you can change the culture, and it starts by creating your own culture within yourself. I know that if I am good within myself, then it's not so important what culture is going on around me.

If I have children it will be good, and I can share my culture with them, and teach them that no matter what is going on around them, they can create a good culture or way of being within themselves and enjoy life. And if I don't have children it will also be good, because I can still enjoy my own way of being and share it with others who enjoy it too, and that's a lot of fun.

Either way, life is what you make it to be. You have the power to define your own life, and this is how we can collectively create a better culture. NoFap is a good start! :emoji_thumbsup:

12. A lot of people seem to be assuming they will be in their kids lives. You could get hit by crashing lorry leaving the hospital on the day of the birth.

13. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

I would like to have children, but I get pretty scared of what would happen to them when I see the today's ones. Seeing very young children unattended by their parents watching really wierd shit on their expensive phones makes me believe that the only way I would do it would be by homeschooling them. The influence of those children on mine would be devastating.

14. Honestly, I'm anxious about getting a new cat after losing my last one, because it was so devastating that I don't know if I can handle loving something that much again when I know I will lose it eventually. So I can't imagine how anxious I would be about losing my child.

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Not at all. I just made a little joke.

16. Not gonna lie, it is saddening to see so much pessimism on this topic.

17. This reminds me of an anti-natalism thread that we had a while ago but the OP deleted it. I'm sympathetic to the concept of not having kids. I know a lot of Western countries are concerned about declining birth rates. I read that in Hungary they are considering financial incentives for people who have children so they can improve their birth rate.

18. *claps*