1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

what is one thing you wish people realized about you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 22, 2019.

1. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I wish people realized I’m fucking awesome.

Jk

I never really thought about this honestly. Isn’t it a bit irrelevant what you would want people to realize. It all comes down to how other’s see you. Most people I would think would want orhers to realize the best in themselves but in order to do that you would have to constantly project the best of you. But the “best” of you is only a fraction of you and if you only project the “best” you are not really being you.

2. nailed it

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Brilliant

4. i agree, some people including me dont like talking a lot, unless you are a good friend of ours, and besides i do like 99% of talking in my head.

5. i think some people are to loud! lol, but no everyone is different and no one should have to be a certain way, some people like me just love living in our heads, for us its way better than the outside world.

6. I mean, John Wick does seem a bit unfeeling sometimes. Apart from how he feels toward his dog XD

7. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

One bad habit of mine is that I lip sync my own thoughts as I’m thinking them. I do most of my talking in my head as well and talking to my self is one habit I have yet to break.

FX-05 likes this.
  8. i do the same thing, i will have full blown conversations with myself all the time, especially when alone, its not something you need to break, it is a gift that not everyone has, its a great way of thinking things over and helping you come to conclusion more, also i am never bored because i am always talking to someone haha, yah i love that part of me!, society might tell you its weird and you should stop, but i believe in authenticity, i will not change for anyone, or comform for anyone.

9. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I agree. It does for some reason help me think things over. I don’t nececaruly consider it a bad habit, however a lot of times in very public places I will, as you put it, have a full blown conversation with myself even in line at a fucking grocery store. When I notice people are staring I quickly look to a magazine they have on those impulse buy racks to make it appear I am reading the cover. 90 percent of the time I don’t even realize I’m doing it. I don’t know why but it greatly organizes my thoughts and ideas. What I mostly mean by it being a bad habit is I need to be cautious of who is around. I don’t want some police officer harassing me thinking I’m on crack or something.

10. oh wow i definitely dont do it in public but thats likely cause i dont like being around people so i just talk in my head a lot. I also have high social awarness so i am always looking if people are staring at me.

gsherman100 likes this.
  11. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Lol that sure the fuck ain’t me. I’m almost never aware of that shit.

12. yah that is likely your problem than.

13. I wish people understood my sarcasm and inability to get angry. I think I might have resting dick face (RDF) too, because in some situations, people falter and their smile fades if I don't openly react to their joke/statement/etc.

14. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Whatever you want people to realize about you, you can openly say it and make yourself understood. Stop wishing people to understand you without opening up first.

I wish I could have a way to say once and for all that I'm not into marriage and I'm okay being 32 and alone :)

Christian Fox likes this.
  15. i dont want to open up

16. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

So what you are basically saying is that you wish people would understand your humor/sarcasm.

17. I wish my close friends and family realized just how much I need my "me time". I'm so busy everyday. Even just an hour of peaceful isolation has a profound effect on me. There is no hidden meaning behind wanting a few hours by yourself.

Re:Born and Deleted Account like this.
  18. I can't tell if y'all are responding to my post, but basically I think that I come off as threatening/angry sometimes, when in reality I'm perfectly chill and probably clueless as to whatever is going on (Hence the resting dick face).

0111zerozero11 likes this.
  19. I wish people would realize that because I have glasses and like nerdy things doesn't mean I like Star Wars. I know I fit that stereotype but I dont really like any of them. Everyone looks in my direction when to people are arguing Star Wars shit like I'm the obvious person to settle the dispute. I don't know...

BravelyKegger likes this.
  20. very good point, stereotypes can be very annoying.