1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about scientology?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by safa61947, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You must undergo 'auditing' to rid yourself of thetans that attached themselves to you a thousand years ago.

What are thetans? According to scientology, dead space aliens.

Now you know why Nicole Kidman left that wacky little manlet Tom Cruise.

3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes, in Scientology, but not in Jehovah's Witnesses.

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Do they attach these to your balls if you sign up? o_O OUCH! :eek:

Gotham Outlaw and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  7. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

What I think about Scientology? I only know what South Park told me.

Gotham Outlaw and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I believe it is wrong. People should be free to join and leave, without fear of harassment.

9. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

That's my point. Most of you don't know. Didn't bother to check. All you know is what someone told you, what type of person makes fun of something they don't know about?

I think you are referring to 'angrams' instead of Thetan. I do not fully understand yet, but Theta is the spiritual energy contained in every person.

I don't know why Nicole Kidman left Tom Cruise, I'm sure nobody from the public knows for sure. She was also a Scientologist for a time.

People are free to join and leave the moment they want. @Ra's Al Ghul just cited a list of ex-Scientologists. The problem is if you have relatives in Scientology and you leave on bad terms, they might never talk to you anymore.

See? Most of you don't even know what Scientology is all about, and the info is all on the internet. I don't get why people rely on gossip instead of checking for themselves. I think we all should search for more information, to make better jokes. Some are pretty lame, sorry for being so boring, didn't laugh a bit.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Glad you're handling it well. Christianity gets bashed all day every day. *yawns

11. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Celebrities are so far out of touch with reality I often question the things they approve of.

From what I've read the south park version of scientology is more believable than the real one. They had to cut out parts of the story because of time constraints.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  12. Hahahaha...now THIS is some funny shit. We should all search for more information to make better jokes. I love it.

13. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

This is an off topic conversation, so I don't care that much. Yeah, I say if you guys are trying to be funny, you should try harder, and then comes this user here laughing at a random comment.

Well, I wanted to have an idea of what users of this forum think of Scientology, it turns out 1 person knows something besides myself, the rest know nothing at all and some are so brain damage as to laugh for not knowing anything.

I made a mistake here. It's spelled 'Engrams' actually. Still no idea about the Theta thing but eventually I'll find out.

Alexander Rhodes stated several times that it's okay to not post if you have nothing to add to the conversation. If your post starts with "ha ha ha", then it's probably a good idea to just watch the thread silently.

*** DROPS THE MIC ON THE GROUND ***

14. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

It's true that I may not know much about Scientology, all I know about it comes from a chapter dedicated to it in a book on cult-busting (saving people from cults). I don't know how much you believe the more "religious" aspects of it all but it sounds to me you're more interested in the self-help aspect. They may have some good ideas on self-help (from what I heard, not really, but who knows?), but nevertheless, you should be careful.

safa61947 likes this.
  15. Fuck that's beautiful. Just, when we divorce that from what this thread is about, and let it just be an observation of humanity writ large: 'Some are so brain damaged as to laugh for not knowing anything.'

so good

16. That´s the trick. There is no "free lunch". You will have to pay it all back sooner or later. I have read "Dianetics" as a teenager and thought it was quite interesting. But that is not, because Hubbard was a genius, but because he got a lot of his stuff from other sources and mixed it up with his personal ideas. (the whole "Xenu" thing, is just a science fiction remake of old gnostic ideas of the "Demiurge", for example)
    The thing is, you need the organisation to check out the techniques and theories. They want you to enter their buildings and try their techniques. And some of them will work for you, so at least they can not all be just a fraud, right? And in the further process they will sell you more stuff, more books with more elaborated theories, more expensive courses to "free your mind" and bind you closer to the organisation. There is a good documentary about ex- members of Scientology on Netflix: "Going clear: Scientology and the prison of Belief". It reveals a lot of their dirty practices to blackmail, sue or silence people,who contradict their ideas or wanted to leave.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2019
  17. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Let me explain: I asked what people think about Scientology, and I concede to some points made by users who know something, however shallow. What I can't admit is people criticizing without seeking what it really is first. "It's a cult", well, did you think that out of your own mind or judgement, or are you just parroting what you heard. Get it? Please don't make any of this a personal matter.

I watched that documentary. I'm so excited you mentioned it. I am currently reading Dianetics and it's quite interesting, and you would be surprised that Dianetics is inconsistent with what is taught in Scientology nowadays. Scientology is evolving, but the basis is all there in that book. They changed a few parts, for example, now it's 8 dynamics instead of 4.

I am not impressed with that documentary, and I get the impression people are butthurt because they were kicked off Scientology for bad behavior. There are some serious stuff, families being separated, I see that Scientology sues some people with the only intent of shaming them, I don't see this as too bad at all? Scientology does not go wild blackmailing and spying people out of random. Some people leave Scientology in good terms. I see that the church of Scientology is trying to defend itself from people who are openly attacking it. By attacking back.

Those people who complain they lost contact with their loved ones. They knew something like that was going to happen, and if they loved they relatives they could at least be silent about Scientology and not criticize it in public. People inside know very well about the shunning policy.

In addition to "Going Clear: The Prison of Belief", I recommend Scientology: The Ex-Files - Top Documentary Films.

I watched those documentaries and I started getting sick, some people spent as long as 15 years being Scientologists, and they tend to only criticize. Some have sweet memories, I got from some of the interviewed that they actually wanted to go back to Scientology but they are too proud to admit they were wrong. I started getting suspicious, if it's so bad why is it growing so fast, so much people adhere to Scientology, and not to mention people who were actually helped and got better lives after being audited and using the tools given by Scientology.

Well it might be a bait. To scam money off people. I currently spent $0 on Scientology, and got only good stuff, for free. I specially recommend the course about the technology of study for those out there who are studying. Search for "scientologycoursesonline technology of study". I will proceed with caution as some suggested. But right now I see no harm in Scientology. Thank to everyone who shared their opinion on this matter until now.