1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I haven't spoke to anyone in the last 6 days

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by safa61947, Feb 21, 2019.

1. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

The cashier from supermarket commented the weather but I wouldn't say I had a conversation with her. I just nodded.

This thread is just like my life. It's not even a question.

2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Today may have not mattered but you need to work for a better tomorrow.

3. Its not what others think of you ITS WHAT YOU THINK OF YOU, BELEVE IN YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF AS YOU ARE

4. I have weeks like that all the time. It makes me question my sanity. I can honestly say that most of the conversations I have are with myself.

5. Enjoy bro. Take a Phone and call a friend

6. Roadeater

Roadeater Fapstronaut

Hey OP, why do you not want to talk with anyone? Lack of confidence? Anxiety? Indifference? Depression? Nobody will understand your deep thought patterns?

Do you have a pet(s)? Are you able to have any?

If I'm not at work, I don't hear from or speak to anyone in my downtime, but that's when I want to talk about REAL stuff. Things that are meaningful to my fucked up life and how I can turn my horror story around... but there's nobody around to listen. I see that you're still young and can turn it around. It's later in life for me, but a kind word or two round here is working wonders for me!

Can you explain your motive to not make contact?

safa61947 likes this.
  7. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

This sounded like the intro to a pretty cool indie hipster movie.

So. There's that :emoji_shrug:

safa61947 likes this.
  8. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your concern.

Do I shut people out? The conversation with the girl at the market wouldn't go anywhere, even if I wanted to talk. She was just being polite. The reason is not having anyone to talk to or to listen to. I live in a small town, and I think everyone out there hates me which makes me talk even less. My friend was on vacations, but he's a recent friend we don't talk too much and he keeps inviting me to soccer which is quite not my thing.

I don't see as my fault for not having someone to talk to. Well, maybe 50%.

9. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

That's exactly how I feel. Last night I was really afraid of lose control and break down.

10. backtolife42

backtolife42 Fapstronaut

I wouldnt assume that everyone around you hates you. Its very unlikely that this is true, unless you did something very terrible. Its probably more like people just dont care about you, you are just another random stranger to them, or someone who they barely know.

11. First Step...Mk2

First Step...Mk2 Fapstronaut

I feel the same way as you do. It's Friday and I probably won't talk to anyone until Monday morning when I go into work. Over Christmas I spoke to one person I know just once in the 13 days I was off work. Loneliness is a terrible thing.

safa61947 likes this.
  12. Same boat here. Most people look forward to Friday's. I hate Friday's because I never have any plans with anyone. The worst is when people ask what I'm up to this weekend or when they ask what I did over the weekend when I get back to work on Monday. Sometimes I just make shit up so people won't notice how much of a loner I am.

safa61947 likes this.
  13. Roadeater

Roadeater Fapstronaut

I live about a mile outside of a town of about 200 people. When I have to go in there I know how you feel. I can't tell if people don't like me or are just indifferent to my presence. Either way I can't wait to be on my way outa town!

I now live alone. The love of my life started fucking an old work colleague that I introduced her to. I'm so broken hearted and messed up right now, combined with being a loner I'm not in a good space.

But there are quite a few of us here. I think that just knowing that the situation we face isn't unique to our individual selves is critical to getting stronger one day at a time, be it a step forward or a step backwards. The fact that we can share empathy and thoughts similar, and write it down in a public forum is the spark of connectivity that is also crucial to pushing onward and through.

Perhaps it is better to be alone sometimes, thinking deeply and more pragmatically about life than to talk codshit with cashiers. =)

Committed to One likes this.
  14. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Better lone than in bad company. Goes the saying. I was thinking about visiting my family this weekend but they don't care. Last time I visited them I got the impression they were waiting for me to go? My dad is like, 'hello son, well, Ima take a nap'. Sometimes they leave me there at the living room "the house is yours", they say with a grin.

Well, let's embrace loneliness. Ima check bulletin boards later and then watch a 2 hours documentary (I like them). Keep busy buddies let's not masturbate this weekend.

As you may know I relapsed last night sorry for that.

Deleted Account likes this.